Is the grubee gt5-sr Electronic start?

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Like the title states. Im new and want the best, and also on the grubee website it talks about the starfire super rat is better than the skyhawk but can not seem to find it. Is there a starfire?

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
There is a starfire but it is a gt-4 i have never heard of a starfire super rat only the gt-5 superrat. To answer the other question none of the happytime 2strokes are electric start just pedal or pull if you install a centrifigual clutch adn pull start.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Ok thanks for the reply. This link is where is shows the starfire rat. Its down in the middle of the page, it shows the starfire rat is more powerful than the skyhawk rat. Maybe they never made it. And i thought the internal cdi meant that it was electric start but I figured what that is now. I know super dumb question.

Untitled Document

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Ok thanks for the reply. This link is where is shows the starfire rat. Its down in the middle of the page, it shows the starfire rat is more powerful than the skyhawk rat. Maybe they never made it. And i thought the internal cdi meant that it was electric start but I figured what that is now. I know super dumb question.

Untitled Document
The Grubee SkyHawk and StarFire engines are very similar but are made in different factories in China. The StarFire engine does seem to have better specs of the two and is supposed to have a steel lined cylinder head as well. I was told that Grubee only had enough cash to invest in getting one of their new products approved by the EPA for sale in the USA (apparently a costly procedure), the SkyHawk was the one so that is the engine you will see in the USA. The Starfire line (including to new SuperRat) is selling in other countries currently and is supposed to be EPA approved next year I guess. Until then you wont see the new StarFire SuperRat selling in the USA (unless it is some sort of gray market import that from another country that wasn't supposed to be sold in the USA).