HS air filter upgrade

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've been looking through different vendors offerings for a good looking 4 stroke HS air filter... not plastic,. but I haven't found anything yet. Anyone know of source?
Silverbear

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Attachments

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
So from affordable go karts you get the air filter adapter (Code: AGK100
Price: $14.00) and then the air filter to go with it from ebay at about $7.00. Looks really nice. What comes stock on the HS does not look really nice. What is the engine in your avatar?
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Ah, no shroud. Looks much nicer. I like it. Pretty amazing transformation just removing the shroud and giving it a nice looking air cleaner. Yes, is there a downside to removing the shroud? What is it for anyway?
SB

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I had both the heat sheild & the shroud removed and figured I better put em back on. I would rather have a running bike than a non running bike that looks cool.I was afraid I would cook the valve.An I almost lost a finger with the pullstart shroud removed.

Didn't mean to enlarge the pictures that much!!

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
You might also want to contact the folks at SBP. I believe they are about to release there mount for using any of the 3 different Air Filters they sell for mounting to the Honda/HS motors.

ocscully

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I had both the heat sheild & the shroud removed and figured I better put em back on. I would rather have a running bike than a non running bike that looks cool.I was afraid I would cook the valve.An I almost lost a finger with the pullstart shroud removed.

Didn't mean to enlarge the pictures that much!!
How did you almost lose a finger... from a cut or what?
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Ah, SBP! I'll do that. It looks like I'm going to have a real estate issue and might not be able to use any but the stock one, but I know SBP has a cool looking shorty that might fit. Thanks for the tip. I've always had good and quick service from Pablo and Ghosto... good guys and members of our forum.
SB

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
How did you almost lose a finger... from a cut or what?
SB
When you remove the shroud the flywheel is in the open .I was looking at something while the bike was warming up and in went my finger.Nothing bad but enough to realize it was needed for saftey reasons.

MotoMagz

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
When you remove the shroud the flywheel is in the open .I was looking at something while the bike was warming up and in went my finger.Nothing bad but enough to realize it was needed for saftey reasons.

MotoMagz
That's disappointing cause it sure looked nice without it. I've got this thing about plastic on a motor. It just doesn't fit visually. At least the air filter is doable.
SB