How to change the oil on Skyhawk 66cc

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It doesn't have an oil filled crankcase. All lubrication comes from the oil you mix with the gasoline.
Tom

Last edited:

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
Hey guys im doing some routine maintence on my bike, and after 375 miles I'd figured I should porbably change the oil. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how and where to do this, I was looking for a screw on the engine but I couldn't seem to find one.
Any help would be great along with pictures :)
(Hoping this is a joke...)

Quickest way to "change" oil on a 2-stroke?

Go to parts house of your choice. Buy a different brand of 2-stroke oil. Buy a fresh gallon of gasoline, add your new oil to the gasoline. Viola, you've "changed" oil...

(in other words, assuming you're not joking... There is no oil in the crankcase of a 2-stroke motor. That's why you add oil to the gas...)

edit: Ah, I see while I was searching for diplomatic words to use, 2Door beat me to the answer...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if you run it on straight gas, preferably high octane racing gas, set your needle clip to the leanest setting, and take your exhaust off, it should heat up enough to burn up all your old oil.

if you're lucky, it'll blow a hole in your motor that you can use to pour the new oil in.

i recommend using bacon grease.

(i shouldn't have to type this, but i'm only joking. don't do any of this...;))

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
bradentonmotorbikes,

Don't forget to change the oil filter while you're at it...It's very important on these engines!

Just kidding! There is no oil filter!

Read up on 2-cycle engines...the net is full of information...the kit instructions, (if provided), usually lack good info!

If you need any help with other stuff in the future...I'm just a hop over the skyway bridge...Clearwater.

Jim

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That was a troll like question if ever I saw one....the guy is a dealer and asks something like that?!?

Sorry, that's nuts.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
while your changing the oil you should also change the power band at the same time. i recommend going from the stock yellow power band to the high performance red power band. if you can't afford a new power band go to the local off road shop and rent a power band stretcher. they work great for getting a little extra power.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
We get tricked every now and then because there are clearly heaps of these people really out there and the last few weeks has seen an influx of stupidity why is this?

I dunno! but i recon if you want to get into these things you should buy a kit and fit it yourself. Now i mean no disrespect to any Dealers on here i need you, we all need you and no you shouldnt just be just selling kits but some people/customers shouldnt go the complete bike package because when you have a question or something detonates you have no idea of what why or how to fix it let alone how to explain it.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I heard grubbe puts oil in their engines and that way they can claim they are four strokes so when the two stroke ban is put into effect, grubbe will have the upper hand.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
We get tricked every now and then because there are clearly heaps of these people really out there and the last few weeks has seen an influx of stupidity why is this?

I dunno! but i recon if you want to get into these things you should buy a kit and fit it yourself. Now i mean no disrespect to any Dealers on here i need you, we all need you and no you shouldnt just be just selling kits but some people/customers shouldnt go the complete bike package because when you have a question or something detonates you have no idea of what why or how to fix it let alone how to explain it.
I do believe a dealer should at least have basic knowledge of what they sell before they jump into the fray.

Imagine the poor customers.....

As for "being tricked"? I think the OP was really asking that question because he didn't know any better.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I see the OP has editied his first post......way to go.

Why would you come here, waste our time and make yourself look stupid? At least you could have said "Oh well, live and learn." By editing your post you appear to have shown your hand as to your ignorance and wasted people time that could have been better spent helping appreciative folks.

At least you gave us all a good laugh. :)