Felt In-Frame Fuel Cap Solutions?!?

GoldenMotor.com

PutsTheDUIinRUINED

Oct 17, 2009
'zona
Hey guys. I'm building a new ride, a black FELT cruiser I bought from a guy on CList. The problem I'm having is that I don't know what to do about the fuel cap. I have about an one-and-a-half inches on the top of the tube for a cap (...and that is really cutting it close, literally), and I am not sure I want to do that. The other alternative I have seen is putting two small holes at the top of the tube, and refuel by using a funnel-and-tube...at this point I might be willing to do that, as it gives the bike a clean look. However, I am not so sure I like the idea of there not being a nice sturdy cap there, not to mention I couldn't fill up at a gas station without my funnel.

Anyways, if anyone knows the whereabouts of any super small gas caps or any other kind of alternative, I'd love to hear it. Thank you!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
for my copper tank i bought 2 plumbing fixtures from ACE hardware.

one was a double threaded piece i soldered in for the bung, and the other was a threaded nut with a hole in the center. i grinded the nut edges off so it's round, and plugged the hole with a set screw i had laying around.

the problem i have is it doesn't vent. i have to unscrew it while i'm riding or it'll vapor lock.

i think i can solve that with a tiny hole and a gasket or something.

the inside diameter is only an inch, though, so i have to use a funnel.

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
hey red, thanx brother. just may go with the twisted choppers one. perfect sizes and price as well. as for ridley, they make kool stuff but they are way too exspensive. like there motor mount, i can get five of jims motor mounts for the same price.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
On my Build Off Bike, I used solid brass garden hose attatchments, & I drilled a #71 hole in the center of the cap to vent... It came out looking real nice!
This pic is before it was finished.

Last edited:

jay sawdust

Aug 11, 2009
kauai,hawaii
Very nice tank and cap....i don't know where but i once saw a cap on a vintage bike that had a small (probably copper) tube sticking up from the center of the cap and had a complete round coil ending up facing down.....this so gas dosent splash out i guess....Just an idea......J