Stir the Pot?

GoldenMotor.com

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
I just read the following ad in the Corpus Christi Craig's list and I'm torn between a retaliation reply or just not stir the pot hoping he goes away. Whaddaya think?

motor cycle engine on a bycicle? - $1 (cc)

I HAVE RIDDEN MOTORCYCLES AS A YOUNG MAN AND NOW RIDE A HYBRID BIKE. I CANT IMAGINE RIDDING A BIKE WITH A MOTOR ON IT WITH BICYCLE BREAKS. CAN YOU SAY SUICIDE?BICYCLES ARE MEANT TO RIDE AND ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF LITTLE SOUND. AT LEAST THATS HOW I ENJOY MINE ITS JUST SILLY SEEING A PERSON GO BY AT 35-40 MPH ON A LIGHT WEIGHT CONTRAPTION. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
I just read the following ad in the Corpus Christi Craig's list and I'm torn between a retaliation reply or just not stir the pot hoping he goes away. Whaddaya think?

motor cycle engine on a bycicle? - $1 (cc)

I HAVE RIDDEN MOTORCYCLES AS A YOUNG MAN AND NOW RIDE A HYBRID BIKE. I CANT IMAGINE RIDDING A BIKE WITH A MOTOR ON IT WITH BICYCLE BREAKS. CAN YOU SAY SUICIDE?BICYCLES ARE MEANT TO RIDE AND ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF LITTLE SOUND. AT LEAST THATS HOW I ENJOY MINE ITS JUST SILLY SEEING A PERSON GO BY AT 35-40 MPH ON A LIGHT WEIGHT CONTRAPTION. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
Please oh please stir a mighty big caldron ,this bloke deserves a swift kick up the baziska , each to their own in the matter of how we enjoy them ,when someone like this idiot comments about my cruiser in a negative way I reply with a simple and very true statement ,if it weren't for people of the old days fitting engines to bicycles then you wouldn't be riding a motorbike today ******bag

Regards Hen.trk

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
For sure, each to their own and lots of folks feel the way he does.

But think I might post a pic of the 1903 Harley Davidson. Has the same look and pedals as my Point Beach/HF 79 cc build.
The 1903 is considered pricless.
Some folks get it. Some folks don't. But the really cool kids build stuff.

I vote let it go. (I wouldn't but I have issues, snork)

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
You know, people just don't realize where the things they enjoy come from nowdays. Meat was good, now that it comes from animals we have vegetarians. Sugar, found naturally in EVERY plant... But no, motorized bicycles are new to the scene as of the past 20 years? I don't think so, just because he doesn't enjoy it doesn't mean he can bag on you! Hit him with all you got!

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Wow, so much in that to destroy in what was said. A bicycle without a motor can reach speeds of 35-40mph on a downhill ride. Bicycle V-brakes are designed for that kind of stopping resistence and disc breaks can take even more. This guy clearly doesn't know what he is talking about if he thinks it's suicide. The rest is what he "imagines" and how he and he alone thinks bicycles are "meant to be" used is what I would call "lame". brnot

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That guy has the right not to own or ride a motorized bicycle if thats what he chooses, but clearly he is nothing more than a misinformed, opinionated hater that thinks he knows it all and his way of thinking is the only way that's right, I dont mean to offend with what im gonna say next but he is probably a vegan who thinks everyone should drive a Prius, should not be allowed to fly an American Flag in there yard, thinks hunters are murderers and believes government is the answer to all our problems.... I've seen to many of this type and nothing you can say will wake them up from the I'm superior fantasy dream world they live in.

Map

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Meat eater to Vegan..........my food poops on your food.

But the really cool kids build stuff. Best line in the thread!!

(If this is outa line, just delete it --- no hard feelings!!)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Meat eater to Vegan..........my food poops on your food.

But the really cool kids build stuff. Best line in the thread!!

(If this is outa line, just delete it --- no hard feelings!!)
Amen.....lol

And yes that is a great line......

Its fun being one of the cool kids, this country being fun of the cool kids is why we have created so much of the worlds cool stuff righthere in the good ole USA and of course lots of cool stuff from other places also.

Map