I have to brag

GoldenMotor.com

DP454

Jul 18, 2012
Florida
I took my first project on. First time through I used a cheap Huffy MTB. It worked, but.... While on leave, I purchased a used Roadmaster with front shocks. Cut, welded, soldered, painted and created the ultimate MTB cruizer. I MIG welded an integrated fuel tank, installed a microswitch in a dual pull brake lever, install a three speed coaster rear hub (can't get enough stopping power on hills), installed a 56 tooth rear, and customized the exhaust. I'm posting pictures here if I can figure out how.

Enjoy

Don

Attachments

DP454

Jul 18, 2012
Florida
Out of curiosity, and remember, I’m new to this: while cruising with no load on the engine, it really sounds like crap. But, when pulling a hill or accelerating I get nice tone and steady firing. I realize that these are simple engines that have fixed ignition and no governor, but is this normal? Has anyone developed an ignition module to go with these? Or is something to that effect? I can live with it, really just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks

Don

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
mine does that too,on occasion.
the issue may be with your jetting,as while accelerating,you create a lean condition of sorts,and until rpms catch up to desired throttle setting its lean.
i wouldnt work on the jetting if it isnt broken in,though.
there are many threads covering this topic,i would suggest you do a few searches.

DP454

Jul 18, 2012
Florida
Thanks for answering so quick. I agree to some extent. However, in searching found a string on modifying the CDI. Evidently, we are provided with a four stroke CDI that cut's out at high RPM. The string refered to building your own (not now anyway, I'm overseas) or ordering a high performance 2 stroke Jaguar CDI. (I'll think about it), but for now....just RIDE!