fixe at walmart

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I guess it is a pretty decent bike after we went over every single bolt and spoke Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was loose so I make him buy some red thread locker and we went to town . Now lets see how the welds hold up after some China girl good vibrations

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
yes. thats how it's done. i used a boring bar on my mill to enlarge the center about .030" so it fit over the flange of the fixe sprocket. if you took your time it could be done with a half round file or a die grinder.
Or the trusty Ole Dremel

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
o.k.I'm in.Just ordered one should be here next week.($5 shipping is cheaper than gas).probably just ride it like it is for awile till I get some more $ up.My first 700c fixie,I'm excited.I actually checked one out in person about 3 weeks ago before I saw them online.VERY NICE FRAME.A lot could be done here down the road as far as upgrades go.This could actually HELP the bike shop people in the long run.What starts out as a cheap thrill ends up costing you $500 in the end.if your lucky.Or you could just slap a motor on it!lol

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
.welp,the bike arrived with a flat back tire an unrepairable hole in the tube.fixed that and put a flame web springer seat on it.looks right at home.can not get this fixed gear sprocket off for anything.any advice would be appreciated.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
nope.I think I'm gonna put a shimano coaster brake hub on it latter when I ad a motor.Just gonna leave it a normal bike for now anyway.I'm afraid I dont have the right tools or know how to get it off without braking the wheel.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
the outer jam nut is left hand thread, turn it cw to take it off. the sprocket is normal right hand thread, turn it ccw to take it off, the hub is stepped, the nut and sprocket are different sized threads.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
thanks a lot!O.k.Got the sprocket off no prob this try.I have an extra 44 tooth.need motor.

Last edited:

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
I know this thread is a little old but I have a question. Could you provide a couple close up pics of how you mounted the rear sprocket? I am very interested in this build thanks.

Bmoney

Apr 20, 2011
Sterling, Ma
^ 2x!
I'm in the process of building up this same bike. Just gotta mount up my rear sprocket and gas tank and its basically complete..