Bike construction

GoldenMotor.com

forgetwhatisee

Jul 13, 2011
United States
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I'm gonna be turning 18 soon and don't wanna blow ALL my money on a car, insurance and gas my senior year. So I thought building one of these would be an excellent alternative.

The bike I'm using is a 70's Ross Eurotour, I haven't started yet, but I'm plotting it out, and I have a few questions.

My first question is, I can't decide which motor kit to buy. Which 48-50cc kit has the best performance and reliability?

second, I'd like to be able to reach and maintain a speed of 40-45 MPH, so what are the best ways to do this without spending too much money?

my Third, and most complicated question is, I wanted to be able to ride in multiple gears, but the shifter kit seems way to expensive. So I was wondering if it would be possible to take an internal gear hub and put it on backwards so that the sprocket is on the left instead of the right?

Thanks for all and any responses. =D

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Probably the best way to obtain the speeds that you want is with a shift kit.

If an internal gear hub could be put on backwards so that the sprocket is on the left instead of the right then there would be no need for a shift kit.