Bicycle motor with a cat?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
As to the pollution problem...ever think about how much pollution a single trip cross country in a 727 makes?

How about the fact that most trains leak more oil in an hour than a two stroke bicycle motor will use in it's entire service life.

Or all those idling police cars?

Ever follow a garbage truck? City bus? Big Dodge Ram diesel?

Or what about all that smoke that comes out of the top of a Bogus King restaurant?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Two strock oil has definitly improved, I had some cheap oil from a Autozone store in bind. The china did smoke more. As for the cat existing, theres just no way it would cost more for a kit. The rare metal thats in them. No way, good observation! I've got got some blinker bearings for turn signals I'll sell, anyone?

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
They are starting to make a CAT muffler for our little 2 strokes it is not BS, now weather the BGF pipe actually has a CAT I don't know but I know dax is starting to market them. This is what it looks like inside.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
They are starting to make a CAT muffler for our little 2 strokes it is not BS, now weather the BGF pipe actually has a CAT I don't know but I know dax is starting to market them. This is what it looks like inside.
Now that looks like a cat to me...thats exactly what you would see in a automotive cat...almost like a honey comb (^)

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I wonder how they can keep the cost down. Platinum is a precious metal and putting it in a china fire engine and still keeping the cost down sounds like a Oxy-Moron. If it will keep the engine around longer, I'm all for it. I wonder if it requires the modification of the fuel mix to a higher fuel ratio. It would be difficult to lean out the oil ratio with the loose tolerance and poor quality of the bearings used. I would like to see and smell less of the two smoke. Have fun, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Since these engines have been shown to easily pass EPA regs in Arizona, I think they are putting a piece of corrogated metal in the exhaust and calling it a cat.....

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Correct me with real numbers and stats if you will, but I don't think the 24:1 exhaust from an ancient tech piston ported two stroke will light off any kind of cat.

Also, doesn't oil kill cats?

Don't cats need computers?

Is this some new tech that was taken from alien spacecraft?

Bike Lane Motors

Aug 26, 2008
OC, California
Bike Guy Joe : Do you get kind of a higher pitched noise from you CAT muffler? We had installed one of BGF CAT66 motors on a shwinn. We had to extend the pipe to about 15 inch. Would this change the pitch of sound the muffler makes?

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Correct me with real numbers and stats if you will, but I don't think the 24:1 exhaust from an ancient tech piston ported two stroke will light off any kind of cat. I THINK IT IS 700 DEG. SO IT WOULD NEED TO BE CLOSE TO PORT.

Also, doesn't oil kill cats? YES but 50 TO 1 RATIO WORKS

Don't cats need computers? NO

Is this some new tech that was taken from alien spacecraft? YES
Have fun, Dave

HT60CC

Jul 23, 2008
Slough, England
From what I read the muffler is called a cat muffler but doesn't have a catylitic converter. all it does is burns up the unburnt fuel and oil in the muffler. Thats what I heard anyway.

BSA

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
Here is a sure fire way to fix the emmissions problem. Some of my fellow R/C airplane associates use the Cohlman fuel mixed with castor oil in their tanks. They use this mix in their weed eaters too.
The end results are no smoke and a very clean burn to boot.
So I reccommend the white lightning fuel and castor oil mixture as your cure. Good luck at the state testing shops for you all in CA.

Maximo

civic93@8psi

Sep 2, 2008
The Inside Is A Lil Diffrent That Screw Serves No Purpose Its Welded On To The Can. There Is A Honeycomb Inside It Tho. The Honeycomb Has A Big Washer On The Side That U Can C From The Cap Side. It Rattles Like **** Tho