Stalling and starting problems

GoldenMotor.com

Davee930

Jun 13, 2010
Calgary
I have a huasheng engine that I've had for about a month. Lately it hasn't been performing well. It usually takes 5 or 6 pulls to get it going and I have to be pedaling while I do it. When it idles it's fine and then when I pull the throttle nothing happens for a second then stalls. It keeps doing this a couple times when I start riding and then after a few minutes it seems to be back to normal. I seem to have a really slow lagging start when I stop at lights though. Do you have any idea what I need to do since I took apart the carb and cleaned the fuel line already and put and inline filter on? I've tried leaning it up and giving it a higher idle speed but that hasn't worked.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
You could check your valve clearance. It's easy to do. I think it's .003 for intake & .004 for exhaust. I have it written down in my garage & will check later & post. I know that's close enough that if you're having problems, that will get you going if they're out of adjustment.
Jay

Hi Davee930,

Not sure why you need to pedal to aid in starting!! Is the clutch "sticking"?. At the PA rally one of the Grubee drives wasn't totally dis-engaging the clutch and everytime we used the rope starter it would start then stall as the clutch tried to engage too soon.

Which drive sytem are you using?

Have fun,