My Build Is Done! Whacha think?

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 2, 2011
San Diego, Califronia
This is my latest build. I polished it up, and took a few pics.

Specs:
-RAW 80cc slant angle engine
-44t rear sprocket dished out
-Custom clutch roller
-replaced the clutch side nut with Allen head american ones
-replaced all gear case bolts with american allen heads
-replaced all rear sprocket bolts and nuts with american locking ones

Bike:
-Firmstrong Urban w/ hi-stop coasters and 1.5 inch tires.
-Hand brake coming in the mail

Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Very clean nice looking bike TBNut

I'm a sucker for anything RED so I really like the fact that you went with a red bike, Red is faster ya know....LOL!

Only thing I would like for you to do, is please pay very close attention to the idler/tensioner bracket, when they're only clamped to the frame and not drilled so a small sheet metal screw can be inserted through both, they are prone to rotate into the spokes sometime while starting the engine, this can be a big wreck for the rider and for the spokes in the rear wheel.

Please dont take this that I'm being critical in any way because I'm not at all , I really like your work on this bike, I just know what a mess that idler/tensioner can cause if it rotates inward on you and gets into the spokes.

Great job TBNut, ride safe and have a ball on that rascal.

Peace, map

Aug 2, 2011
San Diego, Califronia
Thanks man. The tensioner is on a bar that is like a oval, the oval is going up and down so the tensioner will have a hard time moving. The vibrations are insane though, but I'm gonna fix that soon enough!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Nice build...clean too.All you need is a fuel filter.It will save you from carb problems down the road.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
After looking at the pics again I can see what you mean, one of mine is oval also and I dont have a screw through the bracket on it for that reason, sorry I didn't notice that earlier.

As for the vibes, that will settle down in time, mine typically settled in at around 150-200 miles, it takes a few miles before everything gets seated in so just ride it, make sure you always have a good fuel/oil mix and enjoy.

With that 44T sprocket you should have a very comfortable cruise speed of 20-25MPH after break in, maybe even a tad more and probably a top speed of around 30-32mph, later if you decide to go with a ported intake from Pirate Cycles and maybe an expansion chamber exhaust, youl'll for sure notice better torque and quicker acceleration, and if after a while you are looking at a tad bit more cruising speed like maybe 30-32MPH, I would consider going with a 36T sprocket if you dont have a lot of really steep hills around.

That is such a nice clean bike and I know your gonna have loads of enjoyment out of it.

Ride safe .wee.

Peace, map

Thanks man. The tensioner is on a bar that is like a oval, the oval is going up and down so the tensioner will have a hard time moving. The vibrations are insane though, but I'm gonna fix that soon enough!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I would keep an eye on that JB weld captured clutch cable. Some type mechanical fixture would be more reliable there. Aluminum is hard to get a good long lived bond unless treated with acid/alodine ect to arrest oxidation, (which start immediatly after cleaning the metal), before adhesion or painting.

Awesome and very appealing build!