Greetings from Jacksonville Fl.

GoldenMotor.com

Sonnyboy

Feb 16, 2008
Jacksonville, Fl.
Hello to the membership. I'm new hope to visit the site often. I'm starting a new bike on a new springer cruiser, I didn't like the front mounts that are available for the larger front tube bikes, didn't want to drill a hole in the frame so I am working on a bolt on. I will post some pics when I get it started. I want it to look ok so I'm going to powder coat it. I got the metal today and won't have any time this week to work on it. I hope to start it next week.
I have enjoyed reading all the post. The ideas that you share are great and very helpful. I'm retired from Fire Rescue, built my first motor bike when I was 13. Now I'm 61 I got interested again. As a kid I started with mini bikes and motors, I had mopeds and a Cushman Silver Eagle and Honda 305 Superhawk. 450 Honda etc. I just got the motor bike fever and scooter bug again. Look forward to seeing the post and all the great bikes and ideas. I am planning to open a small motor bike and Cushman shop in May 08, as a hobby, I have some room at my office on a four lane with a good size garage.

Have a Safe Ride,

David S.(c)

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum! its amazing the age group that loves these motorized bicycles. for me its like a piece of the fountain of youth. i am excited about your build and can't wait to see it as you progress. like you i love the springer front ends and my next build will surely have one. glad to have you with us

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. I'm not too far from you, just a little south in Gainesville. I was stationed at NAS Jax in the late 80's.