Gloves: Who Wears Them and What Kind

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Your probably right that my MIG Weld Gloves are thinner. The ones I borrowed when doing TIG are even more thin yet much more pliable.

I would guess that since the MIG is wire feed, you do not need as much dexterity as TIG where you have to fill by holding filler rod in one hand and the other hand the nozzle.

But what gets me is all that heat wasted in an internal combustion engine. Even when in an automobile with heat on full blast, the radiator is still needed to dump heat.

We motor bikers should use a heater with the exhaust some how. My exhaust actually runs under the banana seat, but I made sure it is far enough away that the tire and me too does not get burned.

Maybe fins added to the exhaust systems could work and a heat transfer by use of the air flow over the fins to warm the rider. Breathing carbon monoxide though thing has to be something to be sure to avoid.

MT

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here is the latest pair of gloves I've purchased and I'm not even sure of the brand. What I do know is they fit like a glove (size L) and are very well made. I bought them at a new Goodwill store in my neighborhood and they listed for $7.99 and I got a senior discount for being over 55yrs. old which made them dirt cheap. I tested them by taking a spill on a local group ride a month ago and my hands and the gloves came out without a scratch on them.

Another plus is they're great for cold weather riding.........yes, it actually does get cold (below freezing) in San Diego near the beach.

dnut

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Scotto, You got a good buy on those gloves!

Good thinking going to Goodwill Store. They do not charge tax. I got a nice jacket that I use for welding. It is natural fiber so it is safer than a melting nylon burn. Ya know that is not good. It is linen and is not too heavy, but thick enough.

I did not know that they give discount at 55 so I'll soon check that out.

MT

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
True, true, Helmet too! No matter how ya fall. You put your hands out first. Just a normal reaction. Gloves are awesome for keeping road rash and pebbles from needing to be dug out.

Don't make folks who used to like you, spoon feed you...

(no mater what they say, if you become a burden, your a burden)

Last edited: