Odile

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dave where are the trees? I see what you were talking about when you replied to the video I posted. Question, how do you deal with all those rocks?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Dave where are the trees? I see what you were talking about when you replied to the video I posted. Question, how do you deal with all those rocks?
What you see is what you get. We do have trees but they don't grow very big and they are spread far apart so they don't compete for what little water we have.

The rocks? its a lot of pedaling and working the clutch at the same time. And I do it all with a 36T sprocket. I love riding in washes and to have water in them is a treat for me.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How did I miss this?
I always enjoy seeing Dave's photos and vids. He does some serious bike riding in places you'd expect to see bigger and more powerful dirt bikes.
Impressive performance from a motorized bicycle.
Thanks for sharing, Dave.

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Dang if I had a GoPro when I went through the mud up in the National Forest trail after snow and rain last year. Mostly it would have slipped the belt when the viscous stuff went about 5 inches over bottom of wheel, but I knew I could get momentum up, just needed to keep in the groove from a prior rider with normal size motorcycle tire. I coated the bike with mud as well as myself a little bit.

I have to adjust the intake valve and hope I can get it to idle OK, or additionally get a carb that has an adjustment for high and idle speed. One other thing is my exhaust pipe is cracked again. I'll see if I would buy the stuff made for it as my idea of corrugated water pipe might have been OK, but too tight a bend and the heat tears it after about 3 months.

Wish I was retired and could get to it now, but at least I'm keeping parts from getting all misplaced, so if I could be at New Years trail riding / camping again that would be a blast!

---------------------
New CARBURETOR Carb for Tecumseh 632615 632208 632589 fits H30 H35 Engines
$23.99
Was: $39.99
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tecumseh+h35+carburetor

This show ebay carbs that may be anywhere from 40 down to 5 bucks. I think if I pay about 25 bucks and get it shipped from with in the US, but well knowing it is not Tecumsuh actual brand as it is obsolted I think and they are clones made over seas.
---------------------

Carburetor Replaces Briggs & Stratton 498170, 497586. Includes O-Ring and Air Cleaner Gasket.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E1EE88/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My carb is the clone of a Briggs I'm using now with no adjustments for High or Idle from Amazon.

---------------------

Fitting the carb in place that is different I can do with a bit of ingenuity but the air filter and box for it will be another purchase necessary if I don't jury rig.

I don't know why, but finding one that uses the same air filter / air filter box, for the kind of Briggs Carb clone I have now with High and Idle screw adjustments just seem to be not available?

MT

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'll see when I have my exhaust fixed up and the new intake valve adjusted and installed.
I just got the SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi and am testing it out.
I have to find out if there is a way to get sound in an alternate case where a mic cable can connect through. SJCAM case does not have that. There is a door that does not use O-ring when not in water, but dust I would not like to damage camera, so the case with O-ring unless in clear air I suppose.

MT

PS

Dave: Was your video with sound and mix with music originating from a Go Pro?

Last edited: