New guy from Carolina

GoldenMotor.com

63tom

Mar 22, 2009
ROEBUCK S.C.
HI EVERYONE!Bought me an old firestone off ebay.ordered me some new wide rims and tires,a new seat....i think it is going to scream for an engine!Now,ive been researching for weeks,lol,all these engines look the same,with maybe one exception... the slant head 80cc at zoom.was wondering if anyone here had any exsperience with it?Also,are these engines just spray painted silver?im wanting to go flat powder coat black w/bright red fenders on my cycle....and would like to paint the engine to match...anyway its all still in the planning stage,and funds are limited these days,so any helpful advice would be appreciated...63tom from roebuck,s.c.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Welcome to the sickness. once you build one you get the bug. THe engines are not painted siver they are metal cast color I have seen some custom painted juggs on the bikes and they look great butfor cooling needs i would not powder coat the motor you could however powder coat the covers on the motors that would look great and cut down on noise.

Good luck on your build

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy and welcome. There are some great artists in the paint booth & chop shop section. I have never tried and couldn't tell you but folks do some great stuff. There are a bunch of other ways to mod too.

Great to meet ya

63tom

Mar 22, 2009
ROEBUCK S.C.
thanks everyone...stripped paint off my bike...going with the engine paint technique...still shopping for best deal on the engine...

63tom

Mar 22, 2009
ROEBUCK S.C.
alright...ive jumped in with both feet....ordered the f80 from dax..liked the idea of thicker cooling fins...gonna have to get on the ball with the bike....now if i can just find a good used springer fork....this things gonna break me,lol