First ride today

GoldenMotor.com
Got to ride my Micargi Huntington beach cruiser with the Gasbike GT80. Impressive! Used a 32:1 mix of Echo Power Blend xtended life motor oil and 100% 92 octane gas. Ran it up to what I judged to be about 30 mph couple of times and let off. Engine was still not fully let out. The 40 tooth rear sprocket works well but I might try a 36 or 38 tooth to keep the engine R's down at cruising speed. I give it 3 strokes of the peddles,let out the clutch and I'm off and running. The only problem I had with the kit was the engine sprocket. The chain would not roll through it, It actually got stuck in it and I had to pry it out with a screwdriver. I dressed the leading and trailing edges of the teeth with a dremel and stone and got it to work. I called Gasbike and told them the problem. Alex at Gasbike sent me a replacement chain and engine drive sprocket,express 2 day delivery. I did have to tweek the idle slightly. I raised the main jet needle all the way up to let her run rich during break in. I'm 72 years old and haven't been on a 2 wheel vehicle since the 1980's When I sold my GL1000. I've rode all sorts of bikes down through the years 2 and 4 strokes. Built a few high performance and repaired more than a few. My next project is a 212cc predator gas bike kit and now my wife wants a gas motor tricycle. LOL!

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Hey gratz on getting you bike going good. I love using small engines, light weight, 150 mpg and easy repairs. I would trust my bike for a 100+ mile drive if I had to.

**** even if you had to hit the dirt roads and hit a stream there so light you could lift it through. Honestly building your own bike seems so much more practical then even buying a new motorcycle.

In a few minutes I can take the wheels off my bike and throw it in the back of a car and be gone, cant do that with a 200+ lbs bike.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Kletus, great job! My first bike was a Huntington. I liked it quite a lot. Heavier than most, but once the engine got going it handled it fine. The guys on this forum have been super helpful over the years, their advice helped me get on the road.
Do you have pics of the Huntington posted yet?

Hi Allen Wrench. I noticed that the Huntington was a might heavy but I weigh only 160 lbs. When the GT80 engine hits the power band it really starts to pull. I estimate that this thing will do +40 flat out. I'm trying to keep it down until I get a few break in miles on it. LOL, I really need to put some front brakes on it. The reason I picked the GT80 is that it has a reed valve and that will broaden the power band to include lower rpm ranges. The ported cylinder and expansion chamber doesn't hurt anything either. Somebody asked If the engine was easy to mount. Yes, that was the easy part. I was given 3 front mounting configurations with the kit I used the universal CNC front mount.