The Secrets of Happiness

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey folks.. this comes from a chat around the lunchroom table I had a few years ago with some coworkers.

No one may know all the secrets, but the part that I carry I will share...

Warm, dry feet. Nothing makes a day or a task more miserable than having cold, wet feet.

There are many, many more aspects. Share what you can.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Save a few bucks.

When I was but a child my father came in and said;

"Son, you can make a million dollars a year, but if you spend a million a year you ain't never gonna have crap"

Well he actually used the "s" word, but that won't print here.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Determination. Intelligence can be learned, but you have to be determined. Skills can be practiced until excellence is achieved, but you must be determined. Money can move mountains, buy political favors, change the world even, but you must be very determined to obtain enough to be effective.

I'm married to the woman I always wanted to marry. I have the four most beautiful daughters on Earth. I've got a job I enjoy. And I've got my bike. I'm pretty happy now.

And I am happy to be as determined as I am.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great idea/thread CT!
I am sure I was told this some where along the way but I was driving down a dirt road in South America. Might have been Guatemala but am not sure. But looked at these kids playing in the road near their house that had no windows or doors. They were happy. Just kids playing and being kids and it not only dawned on me but stuck with me. Be grateful, Be happy. They didn't have shoes. Just had each other and that was enough.

I think "Rich" is living indoors, having enough food and friends & family. All the toys, that is just icing on a very rich and good cake.

I have seen hungry, big bellied children. Food rotting on docks with armed guards and some truly evil war monger stuff.

I just know when I am grateful for all that I have, which is more then I need, I am happy. I try my very best to share and be kind as a way to show my thanks. I fail at times. But as a work in progress, I also need to forgive my self and try harder.

Or; "Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

(He actually said; "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." But that is way harder to type, snork)

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Thanks Dan. A line from a recent song, "I never knew we went without" (Nickelback, Photograph) comes to mind. If you're not missing it, is it really necessary?