My lose

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I just got out of prison....I love this site it is everthing that is what iis me......The love for the bikes,the ride,the build,im so sorry becouse I relapesed and partied again....I get with girls that I dont remember there names,I forget the past (black08t) like everyohne around me>>I hate this and the only thing that I love in and pride in is my bike......I Dont

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
dont lose hope man, life is what you make it, just like with these bikes, they're nothing without the work we put into them. everything is going to suck if we let it, the true test is to rise above it all and do something with it.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If you fall down into the pit of excess *insert poison of your choice here*.
Stand up, crawl out of it and leave it behind you.
Don't ever walk back to that pit. Pick a new trail to walk down. Be very carefull on the new trail ahead. There will still be many pits along the way. You need to watch out for them and carefully walk around them.
Some of them will look awesome inside, but you all ready know that the bottom of them hurts alot.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I used to smoke cigarettes. There is a genetic connection between cigarettes and heart disease in my family. When I had my heart attack, I finally found the will to quit. It wasn't the heart attack, it was a promise I made to my wife a daughter. I finally had the strength to do it.

I think it take more than our own desire to stop a bad habit or addiction. I think it takes something outside ourselves. A sincere promise to people I loved did it for me. I couldn't let them down. Or maybe it is a belief in god and a promise to him that you won't do it again. Whatever it is, there is a higher power than our weak selves that we have to find. Something that means more to us than the thing that seems to take over our will at times.

There is a a christian biker group in our town. They look like the worst of the worst, till you see them delivering food to the homeless shelter, or toys to poor kids at Christmas. They are all ex junkies, crystal meth mostly I think, but these days they clean others up.

The point is not to stay down, You recognize it, that is more than a lot of folks do. You have a desire to not continue destructive behavior, that again is more than most. Just find whatever it is that can help you and keep trying.

We all have faith here, maybe not in the same things, but we are a bunch of positive can do guys. If you build bikes you are a can do guy. Someone who can succeed is a builder. Most people aren't able to look back with pride and say I made that. People smile when we go by on our homemade toys. So that is positive reinforcement for us every day.

Just keep fighting man. You obviously are a fighter so just don't quit. It will work out for you as long as you fight the fight. Only quitters lose in the long run. I have been on both sides of the coin and I like heads better. I expect that you have found your support group here.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I just got out of prison....I love this site it is everthing that is what iis me......The love for the bikes,the ride,the build,im so sorry becouse I relapesed and partied again....I get with girls that I dont remember there names,I forget the past (black08t) like everyohne around me>>I hate this and the only thing that I love in and pride in is my bike......I Dont
Aren't friday nights on the internet WONDERFUL??????? :) :)