Best mounting practice

GoldenMotor.com

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
This is the best mounting of any type of drive engine. I recommend this set up over any other contraption built by any of you. In my days of building go-karts and mini-bikes, the usage of a jack shaft has played a very important roll in the survival of any kid or kart racer. You can choose you gears, your clutching and the speeds you wish to attain in a matter of minutes. When I first say this set-up, I was then very thank full for the person who has this design, hates off to you all and your postings.
I fully endorse this design over any other foul set-up. And I an always one for safety on any motorized build. Check out the simple design and usage of an old engineering feat.

This is how my engines get the power to the rear wheel of all my builds.
Credits go to the sickbikeparts.com group for their web posting of this picture.

Maximo

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
One size does not fit all, that's why this section of the forum has people. I know that offends the sensibilities of many here. Maybe we need to just start a diy forum somewhere. So we won't offend the "real" bike builders.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I don't want to take anything away from sickbikeparts.com. They have spent a lot of time and effort in creating a fantastic product and I know some here have installed it and love it. I would love to install it but funds are limitted at this time. However, to say that this is the best is not entirely accurate and would come under fire. Most here can improve on what is out there to fit both personality and needs. Example: Some lean towards cruisers and others to mountain bikes. Anyway, this argument is sensless as it depends on ones perspectives, not facts and thus become counter productive to what I believe this site was created for.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think there is no argument. Everyone has an opinion we just have different ones. I am not going to try to persuade anyone that I am right for him or her. I am just right for me.

As for what others have to say that is up to them. I personally have no ax to grind. Bike building is fun for me period. I have no rice bowl to be broken by anyone else.

I should add though that I would hate to see this hobby and even this forum become elitist.

Last edited:

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
rotfl...some of you guys are really too fun..........:crash:
This is a good forum, since most of the people here are doing something to save themslves money in this gas crissis. I don't mean to trot on any of you for the matter of fact.......I just have too many years into building hard core racing junk.
If I sound like a real turd, just toss it back at me :p K
I have been many years into engineering all sorts of junk for many corporations in the past years.......this is one of my true escapes from reality in the corporate world.:rolleyes: SO hang tight and roll me over once and awhile when I get too deep with logic!
I see everyones' point of view in this matter of fact place, some of us have thicker skin then others too, I will get some of my junk pictures up soon for you all to shoot at as well.

Maximo