12 Volt System For MB's

GoldenMotor.com

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
For my first build I've decided to design and fabricate a better electrical and lighting system than I can find online for a bicycle. After purchasing a couple of bike lighting systems online and seeing how inadequate they are this is part of what I'm putting together. Since my MB will have a Pannier system over the rear rack and gas tank that's where it will be installed. The pannier is 12inches by 18inches so that's the platform. A 12ah battery, dual tone horn, anti theft vibration system, fuse block and under that white box on the right will be my battery charger and voltage distribution circuit board. I will have outputs for 2v, 3v, 5v, 8v and 12volts. I make my own schematics and printed circuit boards. So I'm going with a 4"x6" single sided board. The generator will be a coil I'm designing to go on the opposite side of the magneto. I've wound many coils and transformers in the past so making the generator should not be a problem. And paying $50 for one online to me is extremely over priced. The enclosure for my bike electronics is going to be acrylic. For strength I've decided to use 1/4" thick clear material. I still have components for the system ordered. When I have everything that's going in it together then I'll start the fabrication. Once you weld acrylic it cant be changed so the dimensions and placement of each component is critical. I'll be posting updates as the work progresses. Oh I'm using stainless steel hardware for everything that isn't welded. I'm also designing an electric starter for my bike so I'm going to include electronics and wiring for it as well.
The lighting system will be another post. So stay tuned to the AssembleThis channel lolol.
http://i.imgur.com/Xed1Y7y.jpg
.bld.