spark issue arug....

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
bike been running fine last 2 weeks , zoom 80cc with cns carb , this morning it took me 10 min to get it going , it was back fireing like crazzy and once it finally started it was fine , got home went out 3 hrs later and cant get it to start. , checked for spark and nothing, all wireing was checked and ok , i re threaded the spark plug wire and i got spark but once i tried to start it and no luck i checked again and again no spark.

with no spark should my plug be wet ?

is there anyway to tell if its my magneto or my cdi i need to change ? , i have a spare of both just be nice if thre was anyway to tell.

my plug is good and so it gas engine is getting gas as my plug is wet so cant be a carb issue, (cns)

any info would be appreciated,

ps all bots are tight and secure had thsi baby last summer with no issues.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
i was going to say cdi as i was reading it so i would change that first
changed it and still no spark , tried 3 different plugs and no spark , replaced the plug wire as well , magneto or maybe a break in the wire is all i can think of , going to take out my ohm meter and see if theres a break in one of the wires , if not i will try another magneto i have here . arug...

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm going through the same thing right now. Two completely different ignition setups, plug pulled aand it's fine, checked the carb, no problems there.

Great Magneto Mystery

Someone pointed me there but I'm unable to find one, I think they're an urban myth :p

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
welp for me it was the magneto once i changed it , boom everything working great :) hope you get yous sorted , i used gasket sealer when i put my cover back on to the magneto , no way it going to get wet or dirty in there again!

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I had this happen on a ride to Boise the other week. I just redid all of my wiring right there on the side of the road, and ouila - simple enough.

Are you getting a good ground? It'd be worth it to recheck your ground site.
Have you been riding in the rain lately? Your magneto could have gotten soaked.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
the inside of my magneto wasnt wet moist , just a little dirty . wasnt in the rain.

ps: my magneto was grounded to the engine well , i checked that.