What is the cheapest 4 stroke out there?

GoldenMotor.com

SoapFlakes

Apr 26, 2011
California
The better build quality and reliability that is inherent with the 4 stroke engines has intrigued me, to say the least, but I have been discouraged by the prices of the engines.

I have struggled to find an engine under $300 and I was wondering if it is even possible to find one for under that!

I need the help of the entire community on this one!!!

SoapFlakes

Apr 26, 2011
California
Hah thanks, I never thought of just getting a 4 stroke engine and modifying it... Couldn't be too hard, and for $64 it would be hard to beat!

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
The thing is, the only good tranny that will bolt to that engine costs well more than the engine itself. Not that the tranny is bad, because it isn't. But some people are gonna pause at paying 2-4x their engine cost for a tranny.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
What are you trying to build????
Rack mount, frame mount, friction drive, chain drive???

The cheapest engine with some hope of using a low priced transmission is thats dax 's
ENGINES_FOR_SALE_1
His bolt on five to one transmission is around $30.00 that fits this engine.
The cheapest complete setup That I can think of is his friction drive kit with either his two stroke or his four stroke setup.No transmission needed on a friction drive.

Of course dax is out of stock on his package deals.
http://thatsdax.com/PACKAGED_DEALS.html
Your sig says you are from California.
No two stroke for u

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What are you trying to build????
Rack mount, frame mount, friction drive, chain drive???

The cheapest engine with some hope of using a low priced transmission is thats dax 's
ENGINES_FOR_SALE_1
His bolt on five to one transmission is around $30.00 that fits this engine.
The cheapest complete setup That I can think of is his friction drive kit with either his two stroke or his four stroke setup.No transmission needed on a friction drive.

Of course dax is out of stock on his package deals.
PACKAGED_DEALS
Your sig says you are from California.
No two stroke for u
We are in a 4-stroke forum here and the OP is asking about a 4-stroke.....what are you talking about here? Useless info man....out of stock? What? The question is: What is the cheapest 4 stroke out there?

dnut

Last edited:
Hummmmmmmm!

By the time you purchase the clutch, drive reduction assembly, chains, hardware, and cover, you might find the complete Q-Matic for the HF 79 CC motor for a similar price, and ready to simply bolt onto the motor with a 1 year waranty.......Just a thought.

Have fun,

Warranty is transferable, but must have original invoice to verify date of purchase. I would suspect with serial number 500870 it is older than 1 year. The current production series is #70XXX.

Send information to my email address, including pictures. Pictures posted on a web site will not be valid for warranty, only warranty information & photos sent directly to EZM will be considered.

Have fun,