Given up on CNS. Getting Spooky NT: new cable needed?

GoldenMotor.com

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
Like the title says, I've given up on the CNS carb that came with my Grubee 66/80 2010 Kit. It has never idled, only runs good with the air filter off, and the idle screw is epoxied on so I can't adjust it even if I wanted to ?!?!

I see that Spooky has new NT Speed carbs for the 66. Sounds right up my alley. My only question is, will I have to get a new throttle cable/grip too? I onl have the cable and grip that came with the CNS kit.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I've got two Grubee 2010 66cc motors. Both came with different carbs. It sounds like one of them is the same one you are talking about. With a small screwdriver you can dig the epoxy out of the adjusting screw and turn it. On mine idling was never an issue but I moved the clip to the middle position and put a smaller jet in it. I'm happy with the way it runs now. If I ever replaced it I'm not sure I'd go with an NT. Probably a gen2 CNS like my other motor came with.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Like the title says, I've given up on the CNS carb that came with my Grubee 66/80 2010 Kit. It has never idled, only runs good with the air filter off, and the idle screw is epoxied on so I can't adjust it even if I wanted to ?!?!

I see that Spooky has new NT Speed carbs for the 66. Sounds right up my alley. My only question is, will I have to get a new throttle cable/grip too? I onl have the cable and grip that came with the CNS kit.
I did the same thing gave up on the CNS and bought a speed carb from spooky. You dont need to change the grip at all. But learn from my mistake and make sure there is no tension on the throttle when you first try to run it. Found out my thottle was open about 3/16 of an inch causing it not to start.

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
Well, went ahead and bought a NT Speed carb and a 36 tooth sprocket from Spooky. Hope my bike will run like i want now!

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
I had no problem using the cable that came with the CNS carb fitting on the NT carb. I just had to make some adjustments in the cable length by using the adjusters (dont know what they are called) on the throttle and on the carb, after that a perfect fit.

tintor

Oct 7, 2009
Tulare,calif
take a hair dryer and heat up the mixture screw and it will turn to get out then clean with goo gone. Now you have a ajustable screw

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm always touting the billet intake here- put one on a regular carb a year ago- all the difference- and shorter now too. Biggest dif you'll ever see for $15.

Got the NT66 Speed on recently, before cold weather- just a short run- seems ok, too soon to tell, no big obvious dif like with billet.

You'll find the36 a big boost too- get some narrow tires and you'll be at half throttle on a normal surface street much of the time....

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I had no problem using the cable that came with the CNS carb fitting on the NT carb. I just had to make some adjustments in the cable length by using the adjusters (dont know what they are called) on the throttle and on the carb, after that a perfect fit.
Barrel adjuster or cable adjuster.

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
How is your bike running with the new carb?
Sorry for the LONG wait, but there's been alot going on. Got it slapped on and running today. Runs great! 33.4 mph with the stock sprocket. Gotta get some brakes and bike work done before doing that speed again. SCARY.

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
It is the NT Speed carb that Spooky Tooth used to sell. I did 38.8mph with a 36 tooth sprocket the other day. Waiting on Venice Beach Motorbikes front drisc conversion now, haha.

BTW: anyone know where to get this carb anymore? Spooky seems to be going under...

surfishjoe

Oct 14, 2010
South Jersey
My bike is on back burner buggered my guide wheel and house projects getting in way, nice work getting your bike that fast that engine must have been screaming haha. I thought 33 was PLENTY fast.

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
38 is absolutely topped out. That little thing must have been doing 10,000 rpms, haha.

Felt like the handlebars were going to fly off.