30 Miles and WT#!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
whooo hooo this thread is finally gonna die....im sick of looking for updates everyday....have fun rw way to hang in there
I am sorry that you are sick, just take two asprin and GO FOR A RIDE! going for a ride always fixes me. Like you said, let just kill this thread..................

Royce

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
We tend to leave threads like these to help others with similar questions, it also comforts those new to the game to see they're not alone ;)

If you really want it removed simply PM and ask any staff member (with the link and reason kthx) and we'll be happy to help.

Ofc the best way to stop a thread is to not post in it heh :p

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
Bearly

I appreciate the thread myself, I'm fed up trying to get mine running, so it's giving me some more ideas to try.

I plan on working on my bike probably next week, I have neck issues like a few compressed vertebrae and pinched nerves which has prevented me from working on the bike so it's on the back burner for now. Thanks for keeping it going! :)

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
YEP you can't quit now just learned how to modify my carb. I have one of these on a friction drive _K&S bike machine motor_ that was built back in the late 50'S early 60'S. I had it running and now won't ideal. Now Iknow what to do
THANKS

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey not saying this thread should dissapear....i was checking on it everyday out of my own curiosity....im just happy to hear that this bike is running....wow this was a stubborn one....like i said way to hang in there rw

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
hey not saying this thread should dissapear....i was checking on it everyday out of my own curiosity....im just happy to hear that this bike is running....wow this was a stubborn one....like i said way to hang in there rw
The bike has been running fine, allthough it is still 4 stroking allot. I am going to drill the next size down .023 to see if this can get rid of the problem, other than that, It's going great and having a LOT of fun with it, thanks again for all the support.
Q

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Well I just drilled out the jet again and I went to a #75 or .021 and it is still 4 stroking, I also did the mod that wildemere suggested and still nothing, are there any other ways of stopping it or should i just live with it and go ride it?

Q

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
Crap if you got it running I'd just ride.

I haven't tried to fire mine up in over a month now since it takes a flippin mile of huffing and puffing and wearing out the clutch to get it started. :-( I'll maybe work on it this weekend where I'll reread this post and see what I can try. ;-)

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Does it do it after the engine warms up?
Have you tried using a different brand of oil or spark plug?

Have you checked to see that the needle is not lodging on the spring. If the spring is not pushing down on the silver washer, on top of the c-clip, the needle may be lifting too high or sticking, causing too much fuel to release! If that is the case, its an easy fix. Just reposition the small parts and check operation.

Try using Sick Bike Parts aluminum gaskets, and the rubber o-rings between the carb and inlet tube.