fuel wont ignite.

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Does your carb have a white plastic lever on the side?? If so, point it up or down. (It's a fuel shut off lever)

If still no start? take off the float bowl, & see if the jet came off & is sitting in the bowl.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
it got no white plastic lever on the side. and what and where is the jet? and the float bowl is the white plastic circle things that lays in the bottom of the carb?

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
it got no white plastic lever on the side. and what and where is the jet? and the float bowl is the white plastic circle things that lays in the bottom of the carb?
Yep.. The float is that white circle plastic thingy at the bottom of the carb.. Was there fuel in the carb when you opened up the carb?

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
ye, was filled up with fuel when i oppened it. so it seems like the fuel aint going nowhere when it gets to the carb, what do i need to adjust to get it working again?

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
and when i try to give more throttle, should the needle go up and down, because mine isnt. but the little brown round thing goes up when i give more throttle.
the needle things goes up with the round brown thing, but it wont go like out of the jet or what it is called.

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I THINK YOU HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM. THAT BRASS NEEDLE PIECE OF THRASH!! LOL. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A LITTLE CLIP ( 2nd groove down from top of needle) WHERE THE NEEDLE STICKS ABOVE THE SLIDE. YOUR NEEDLE IS STAYING IN THE JET WHEN THE SLIDE GOES UP. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LAYING ON TOP OF THE SLIDE. RON

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
If The Plug Ws Dry, That Brings U Back To The Plugged Jet (the Needle Being The Plug). If Your Clip Is On The Needle (above The Slide) Your Cable Must Not Be Lifting The Slide Enough. Maybe Screw The Top Off The Carb (do You Have The Spring Under The Screw On Carburator Top With The Throttle Cable Going Through It. You Should Be Able To Turn Or Twist Your Handlle Bar Throttle And Make Sure The Slide Is Moving Far Enough. Your cable must have too much play. Maybe Other Members May Help. Ron

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
it ran almost perfectly at the start, but the more i ride on it and the more problems i got with it, and now it wont even start because of the jet in the car being blocked. but i had for about a month before i got this problem, and i have not been riding it so much since it is illegal in my country.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
and i got the throttle cable hooked up perfectly to the carb, with the spring and all and the wire is going thru the spring, but can i get the needle higher up if i adjust the little thing on top of the needle? and my cable is pretty tight, so i dont think that is the problem, but i will check on it and try it out when i get home from school.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, adjust the C clip on the top of the needle..... where is it now?

Start at the second from the top, and put in a new spark plug while your at it.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, put the needle in the right way.

It should be dropped down through the top of the slide (brown thingy) and then the larger "C" shaped thingy should be laid on top of that, THEN put your carb back together, and the big curly thingy (return spring) will hold it all together.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
the C clip is in the middle now, as it was when i got it. will put a new sparkplug in to. will do that now and try it out. hopefully it will work this time!!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dy, That Is Strange, That It Will Not Lift The Needle Up. I Hope It Did Not Run Lean (too Much Air, Not Enough Fuel) Because Of The Needle, And Do Engine Damage. Ron