new kid on the block

GoldenMotor.com

rickthelonerider

Jan 26, 2009
brooklyn newyork
hi im rick from brooklyn n.y. brand new to the forum and i know absolutely nothing about motorbikes.Im currently awaiting my first engine for my first build scheduled for delivery tommorrow via ups.I was looking around online for a small motorcycle or a scooter just to get around the neighborhood when i stumbled upon 80cc engines for bikes. I must say love at first sight.Im really looking forward to the challenge of my first build knowing from what ive read they can be tricky.Well thats all i have for now and im sure i can find the answers here to any questions i might have here on this forum.Ive seen a lot of good work displayed here. Thats it for now ill keep you guys posted on how i make out.Later...

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
hey matey.
Yer ur hooked now. believe u me they are 100x more fun then most people think.
The builds arnt to hard, just take ur time and do a good job.
Dont rush.
Good luck.

rickthelonerider

Jan 26, 2009
brooklyn newyork
hey dan hows it going. Just ordered a bike stand off of ebay so i can have a sturdy place to do my first build.Im taking the other guys advice and im taking my time. Im trying to collect everything i need before i start then have to stop because i dont have a tool or part.thanks again. Rick.scratg.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
hey fellow newyorker, ridge newyork is that upstate?.flg.
Hey Rick welcome to the forum! You are going to love the Motorbiking! I am so hooked I have built three, and starting on my fourth. What part of Brooklyn? My son lives their on India St. Haven't been able to make it out to visit him yet.

John

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey Rick welcome to the forum! You are going to love the Motorbiking! I am so hooked I have built three, and starting on my fourth. What part of Brooklyn? My son lives their on India St. Haven't been able to make it out to visit him yet.

John
John, I wish you'd stop posting pix of your work...everytime you do I get just a little more jealous. One day you're really gonna p*** me off and I'll have to build another bike and it will be all your fault when I have to explain why to my wife. They're Beautiful:)
Tom

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
John, I wish you'd stop posting pix of your work...everytime you do I get just a little more jealous. One day you're really gonna p*** me off and I'll have to build another bike and it will be all your fault when I have to explain why to my wife. They're Beautiful:)
Tom
Tom, I just picked up another OLD bike on craigslist. I kinda got "The Look" from my wife. With three out in the garage she wants at least one to go. I think I am going to ship the Schwinn Jaguar to my son in Az. I need to do some checking on shipping. I am really going to take my time with this one. I have already run into a few snags! I didn't know anything about these odd size wheels on the really old 3 speeds. Dam, I wanted to use the three speed hub, but not so sure on building a new wheel for it. I have several other ideas though. What the heck, tell the wife you just have to build another one. Tell her you have my permission. (I'm sure that will do alot of good!)

John