Custom Fuel Tanks Coming Soon!

GoldenMotor.com

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
well not to burst bubbles but why pay so much to paint it when i have found that acrylic paint at wally world will hold against the gas... you can paint it on by hand or maybe spray it from a gun.. i know it holds because i had it on my bike for many months and i have a bad habit of over filling.. just cant see in those little tanks.. and ...

also for a price i could build any type of tank cover over the one he builds you. want a snake? how about a face? a jester? rasied out flames? i can do many things.. check out my bike.. shall be great for carshows and little kids once i finish it..

Attachments

c3maddox

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
Will you be making any tanks for a Broad Track style? One that would fit a stretched Worksman frame with a Drop loop

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I wouldn't want to step on Sportcarpat's toes on this, but if he doesn't want to build the tanks for that particular bike I will.
In fact it would be easier for me than the other tanks.
Thanks for the inquiry

c3maddox

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
I have a note into him asking for prices on his bikes. I like his bikes but am new to these and have no clue what he charges.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Okay, I have been able to determine the initial cost on the tanks, The base price will start at $85.00, depending on what you want. This would include a plain Jane petcock and a plain threaded gas cap with tank in primer, ready to paint. Keep in mind that I am hand forming each tank so the price is incredibly low. For the reserve petcock, add $12.00 and a vented gas cap add $15.00, for paint (single color) add $10.00.
I hope this answers many questions and alleviates some of the suspense. I should be able to start posting photos within a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all the inquiries, and interest!
I may be getting back to you after my income tax refund. For some reason, I can't upload pictures of the JC Higgins, no matter the size or type. But I have before under the thread "Scored a Higgins". I'm interested in an in-frame tank. I would be able to send a tracing of the interior space of the frame to you. Would the curved shape of the in-frame space on that bike present a problem for you, Fundreamer?

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I may be getting back to you after my income tax refund. For some reason, I can't upload pictures of the JC Higgins, no matter the size or type. But I have before under the thread "Scored a Higgins". I'm interested in an in-frame tank. I would be able to send a tracing of the interior space of the frame to you. Would the curved shape of the in-frame space on that bike present a problem for you, Fundreamer?
Thanks for the post. The curve would not be a problem for me at all.
Posting the pictures should not be a problem if you are using Photobucket, if you don't have a Photobucket account I urge you to get one. Once you upload a pic on there it provides a URL to use to post here. Then when you are wanting to post a pic just click on the "Insert Image" icon at top (Looks like mountains in the yellow block) then a block will come up with http: in it. clear that out and using copy and paste, you can insert the URL for your photo, then it should post your picture. (I hope this helps) I definitely need a good clear LEVEL WITH TOP TUBES pic of the bike. Also with the head tube and seat tube as vertical to the ground as possible I would need the measurement of the inside of the tubes. Like this:

I also need you to show me what you want of the top view, like this:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Thanks for the post. The curve would not be a problem for me at all.
Posting the pictures should not be a problem if you are using Photobucket, if you don't have a Photobucket account I urge you to get one. Once you upload a pic on there it provides a URL to use to post here. Then when you are wanting to post a pic just click on the "Insert Image" icon at top (Looks like mountains in the yellow block) then a block will come up with http: in it. clear that out and using copy and paste, you can insert the URL for your photo, then it should post your picture. (I hope this helps) I definitely need a good clear LEVEL WITH TOP TUBES pic of the bike. Also with the head tube and seat tube as vertical to the ground as possible I would need the measurement of the inside of the tubes. Like this:
It's looking like you may have your next customer. First I'll have to get my taxes in order. Then I intend to send you not only pics, but detailed measurements, scale drawings, tracing of the in-frame space, and anything else I can possibly think of to insure a proper fit. I'll be getting back to you in time.
I might still construct my softball bat tank, if only for use as a backup or if my wife wouldn't give me too much of a hard time about building a secondary bike. But I discovered that the thing would probably only hold about 24 ounces. It looked like it should hold more but it won't. Very dissappointing if you're looking forward to an extended trip.

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
It's looking like you may have your next customer. First I'll have to get my taxes in order. Then I intend to send you not only pics, but detailed measurements, scale drawings, tracing of the in-frame space, and anything else I can possibly think of to insure a proper fit. I'll be getting back to you in time.
I might still construct my softball bat tank, if only for use as a backup or if my wife wouldn't give me too much of a hard time about building a secondary bike. But I discovered that the thing would probably only hold about 24 ounces. It looked like it should hold more but it won't. Very dissappointing if you're looking forward to an extended trip.
Thanks for that, I need to let you know that I'll be going into surgery on Feb. 28th and will have about a three month recovery time, so if you send me the information on the bike I'll be able to build it before the surgery, and then when you get your taxes back, it will be ready. Or if you prefer to wait, I can do that too. Let me know what you wish to do.

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
fundreamer1;
How was your surgery?
are you ok and ready to make tanks.
I like your models and I'm thinking in a in frame one for my bike. can you please Pm me to get the details about it.
Thanks.

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks for the comment, I have recovered very good, but then I had a house fire, I'm hoping to finish getting things back on track within a couple of weeks. I still have a tank I need to get to, (I will be posting pics when I can get to it)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Man, you've been having it rough. Glad to hear things are quieting back down for you. Me personally, sometimes I think boredom can be a soothing thing now & then.

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for the comment, I have recovered very good, but then I had a house fire, I'm hoping to finish getting things back on track within a couple of weeks. I still have a tank I need to get to, (I will be posting pics when I can get to it)
I'm sorry to heard that.
Good to know you are ok. So when you ready to get an order let me know to start working on it.
Good luck.
Smemo666

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Fundreamer. That's a whole lot for one plate.

Glad to hear your OK and on the mend.

Please keep us all posted on how your doing.