Help Me Find A Good Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeman

Apr 26, 2011
MS Gulf Coast
Ok spent last night and this morning diagnosing my freshly broken in motor woes. Turns out I knew I had a air leak, as shown by able to run with full choke. I've gooped up my carb to intake spot with so much goop, that it just looks ugly now and the leak I just found from a missing bolt through the very bottom bolt of the crankcase. Doesn't suprise me as this motor had a bent intake stud from them not grinding the weld down enough on the intake pipe! They just ran the nuts down and called it good! Now with a blown crankcase gasket, I imagine I will have to pull the whole damn motor apart to fix it right? So while I put off that project, I need another GOOD bike kit. I was not pleased with the small tank, the crappy paint job or really the whole build. The only thing good I can say is that the engine had a lot of power, even broke it still tops out good. I ran it so hot while ago trying to get it to idle down on the way home that it wouldn't kill from the kill switch foor a few seconds. Was dieseling, I guess. Any recommendations? This was a 88/66CC BoyGoFast with the slant head. Want something that will just bolt right back up to my bike like this one did.:-||

Bikeman

Apr 26, 2011
MS Gulf Coast
I found a M6 bolt and ran it in good. Only a 1inch or so peice of gasket was missing and then I cleaned it up real good with ether and a rag before sealing it with SealAll. Hopefully, not too much beach sand has gotten sucked up in the crankcase through the crack and it will run long enough until my new motor kit comes. The inside of the cylinder is still real good now. Thinking a Grubbee kit next time. Whats the advantage of the slant head, just clearance or power? Mine has a domed piston with a round chamber I noticed. I got a HEMI?