fuel wont ignite.

GoldenMotor.com

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
well the needle went up, but not enough. and i wont try it out untill tomorow. it rains pretty much so i try it out tomorow if the weather is better tomorow.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
well , it didnt come much up from it, so i will try it out and see if it works when it stop raining. hopefully tomorow.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
WOHO!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!! just installed the carb and tried it out. and it worked'!!!!! so it was the needle that was to low and after i adjusted it up with the e-clip it work just perfect.!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that have replied to this thread and tried to help me i really appreciate.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I love it when people actually finish the thread they started by telling everyone here what the problem was!!!
That way we can all learn from it!

Congrats on getting your ride fixed!!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Yes, Good News For Sure. My Grand Father Was "hans Olson", When I Was A Kid He Told Me That A Swede Was A Norwegian With His Brains Knocked Out!! Lol. Is That True!! He Also Said; That Norwegians Were Originally Germans That Moved North Aways (many Many Years Ago) And They Called It "norway". But I Have Never Heard That Any Where Else. Ron

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
Stop making fun of us norwegians:p but in norway we think of the swedes as the stupid ones and we are the "smart" ones. but my oil mixture is some place between 60-70 ml oil per liter fuel. and i runs pretty well now. there are no air leaks, at least none i have heard/spotted and the idle rpm is just fine after i adjusted it a little bit with the screw on top of the carb.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
well, i didnt say it was 70 ml. but last time i got new fuel, i just throw in some oil without measuring all perfectly. i think i throw in nearly 2 liter of fuel liter fuel and around 100-120 ml oil. but i will drive it now and maybe try and adjust needle and stuff later. because i am pretty tired of standing in the cold garage trying to make the bike work. like i have for the past 2 weeks..

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
dytesaft, THATS THE WAY I WROTE IT, A NORWEGIAN WITH NO BRAINS = SWEDE. REMEMBER, GRANDFATHER SAID IT, NOT ME. AND HE WAS JOKING. DID YOU GET TO RIDE? RAIN QUIT? I HAD TWO FLATS THIS MORNING ON MAB. THAT PUZLES ME! There should be a screw on the side of the carb, it points upward a little. it has a tappered tip. as you screw it in, it raises the slide (that brown thingie on the end of the cable with the needle in it) that adjusts your idle speed. then you ca have a little slack in your throttle cable. if that screw is out, the air leak may be ok, not sure. RON

Last edited:

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
i did get to ride it eventually when the rain stopped. no rain today either. so i will be driving it today with a friend to. and i didnt adjust the idle screw at the side. just the screw where the throttle wire comes down. i have a little slack the cable, but its not so much so i think it doesnt matter. but about the Norwegian - Swede thing i just read it fast yesterday and i thought it said a swede with no brain = norwegian.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
dytesaft, YOU MAY WANT TO USE THE IDLE SCREW THE PROPER WAY, SO IT WILL NOT FALL OUT. JUST SCREW IT IN WITH THE MOTOR RUNNING AT IDLE. WHEN THE MOTOR STARTS TO RUN FASTER YOU CAN STOP. THEN LOOSEN THE THROTTLE CABLE SOME. NOW ADJUST THE IDLE WITH THE SCREW. YOU COULD LOOK AT THE SPARK PLUG, IT CAN TELL YOU ALOT ABOUT HOW MUCH FUEL IS GETTING TO IT. GLAD YOU GOT IT RUNNING. RON PS I just read the post 14/1 fuel mix ratio.

Last edited:

rocketrodney

Dec 23, 2009
Tas
Hi Is the spark plug normal anticlockwise to get it off. Cause my plug won't budge!
It was in the motor on delivery and seems welded in there.
cheers rod

Rachtak

Oct 27, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Also, put the needle in the right way.

It should be dropped down through the top of the slide (brown thingy) and then the larger "C" shaped thingy should be laid on top of that, THEN put your carb back together, and the big curly thingy (return spring) will hold it all together.
Hi I seem to be experiencing the same problem. My bike will make a whirring sound but there will be no combustion. Can someone explain in detail this solution? Ive opened up my carb so I know where the jet and needle are but I dont quite understand how to adjust the "C"'s

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
The C clip which is shaped like the letter C is attached to the needle which has about 5 notches on it. This clip is easily removed and attached into anyone of those notches.