teh next avalon first build from h3ll...

GoldenMotor.com

gohst ryda

Jun 17, 2009
australia
this happened to me yesterday , i had to drill and tap it out to a 9mm size, might have to put more like you have done.
mine happened cause of to much vibration from the expansion chamber i put on , not the right one, it produced alot of low end torque.

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
Hi, guys I was inspired by noob's build. For 5 years I fanticized about a full suspension motorized bicycle. Then I found noob's pics, realized that a full suspension existed that could be used and went to work! Take a look!

Dual Suspension 66cc - Kent Glendale CS Bike - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

I know its a cheap bike, but I JUST had to have a full suspension frame that I could bolt an engine into. I solved all the problems. Searching the internet I came across Noob's endevor, and it inspired me to "get-er-done" and make it work on that bike. Thanks Noob! I got the idea from you!

On any chain driven full suspension bike, (motorcycles included) as the wheel moves up and compresses the shock, the chain gets slack between the two sprockets. If this is not addessed the chain will just ride off of the sprockets bottom teeth.

Ask yourself, How does a motorcycles chain stay on? They dont use idler wheels like our bicycles do to keep the chain tight. They use tight geometry and small tolerances. The same principal applies to our bicycles, only the spring keeps the tolerances tight.

Enter the spring loaded chain idler. These are the physics of how it works. Attached to the lower portion of the chain as in the photo, when the wheel compresses the shock and the chain starts to get loose, the return spring working on the idler wheel automatically pulls the chain up keeping it tight.

As the tension on the shock releases, the force of the shock's spring returns the wheel to its normal position in the process, pushing the chain down against the idler wheel and completing the cycle.

I used a universal automotive clutch return spring and modified the stock idler wheel to hang it. IT WILL NOT JUMP OFF IF INSTALLED PROPERLY. This setup also ELIMINATES a good portion of the noise and vibration you get, and makes for a much, much smoother ride!

Last edited: