wouldn't this make a great motor bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

biker

Dec 28, 2007
that is cool. i wonder what year it is. i could imagine having the donald duck cruiser lol

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i been doing some research on the donald duck bike since i am still a kid at heart and never grew up. anyway the Shelby Donald Duck bike was built from 1949-1951 by the shelby bike company. Shelby went for young riders with the Donald Duck bike. It came in girls' and boys' frames and in numerous sizes. Donald's eyes light up and the horn makes a quacking sound. if you ever see one of these at a garage sale or somewhere they are worth a small fortune. a rusted up almost destroyed one goes for around $500.00. truley a colectors item. i found all this pretty intersting.
A primo pair of 1949 restored Shelby Donald Duck bicycles with balloon tires, one a boy's and the other a girl's bike, each with a full Donald Duck head, realized $6,600.
could you imagine what one in good shape that is original would go for:eek:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am still looking for one of these and one day i will find one. i think it would make an awesome motorized bicycle (^)

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
A bicycle worth that much would be really hard for me to put a bicycle motor on. I just wish I still had my old 26" Western Flyer.................

skbd

As a collector of classic cruisers as well as being a builder of motorized bikes,I beg you guys not to chop up restorable classics for motorbikes! These bikes become rarer every day and are irreplaceable relics of american bike history. There are plenty of old frames out there that are incomplete,go cuckoo with these but help preserve history by saving complete examples of the over accessorized ,deluxe, antique cruisers. This is just my opinion and I guess it's hard being right but these bikes will never exist again. Save the classics!