Happy Time Motorized Bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is my "rant" for the day...
Does anyone else here hate it when our engines are called a "Happy Time", or is it just me?
I know that a lot of us prefer to "putt" around town at a nice slow pace, but I for one see my bike as something "cool" that I can make faster & race around town on "thumbing my nose" at "the man"!
A lot of our bikes are so nice that people on Harleys stop to look at them... I have a Harley in my garage, & you'll see me every weekend at Venice Beach riding the "Bomber"! (^)
Anyways... I hate the term "happy time" (I just think it sounds stupid... "sorry!")rotfl
If I use a nickname for it, I'll call it a Chengine! What about you? :D

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Re: Happy Time?

Does anyone else here hate it when our engines are called a "Happy Time", or is it just me?
I know that a lot of us prefer to "putt" around town at a nice slow pace, but I for one see my bike as something "cool" that I can make faster & race around town on "thumbing my nose" at "the man"!
A lot of our bikes are so nice that people on Harleys stop to look at them... I have a Harley in my garage, & you'll see me every weekend at Venice Beach riding the "Bomber"! (^)
Anyways... I hate the term "happy time", I call it a Chengine! What about you? :D
China girl too temperamental to be happy

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

motorized bicycle engine kit.
bicycle motor.
ancient "tech" piston ported two stroke.
bicycle engine.
the engine on my bike.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario

"My little China girl" is kinda cool although I must admit that I do have a happy time on my china girl! All I know for sure is that I can't think of any other product that gives you so much bang for our buck.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i like motorized bicycle which is what they were called way back in the beginning

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Now, hate is a strong word my friend, and frankly if any of them wanted to come here, we would welcome them with open arms.

That way they would have a non-hostile environment in which to learn about the motorized bicycle kits and how to keep their bicycle motors running and fun.

They would go from this-:-||
To this-^5

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i agree. motorized bicycles are for fun just like the forum and everyone is welcome

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Now, hate is a strong word my friend, and frankly if any of them wanted to come here, we would welcome them with open arms.

That way they would have a non-hostile environment in which to learn about the motorized bicycle kits and how to keep their bicycle motors running and fun.

They would go from this-:-||
To this-^5
That's what I meant by a "sense of humor"!!
I'm a total clown, & I like to joke around like that...
That's what this-rotfl was for! :D
I'm not here to make waves... just add to this forum!

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I understood you perfectly, I knew you were joking. I posted that reply in case one of "them" comes here, I want them to know we are not like the "other place".

I have an odd sense of humor myself....and sometimes it gets me into trouble, but not here.

So, we're good?

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

I understood you perfectly, I knew you were joking. I posted that reply in case one of "them" comes here, I want them to know we are not like the "other place".

I have an odd sense of humor myself....and sometimes it gets me into trouble, but not here.

So, we're good?
There was never a problem... :D
I still hate the term "happy time' tho... ;) :ride2:

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada

I have always known these engines as "China Fire" engines . Probably named partly after the old Star-Fire Brand engines . ....... D.J.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

The real problem with these is that 15 minutes after you finish a build, you want to start another.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Happy Time is sorta Chinese in an idiomatic way. So it kinda fit. Bugs me a bit, as well. Can't call it Gay Time.

Maybe scrotum catcher or suicide machine don't give off positive vibes.

Niña Chinita - pretty OK. But a little odd for us 50 yo geezers.

Maybe just "Knock-off Wheezer"........:D:eek: