Getting Ready to Rumble!

GoldenMotor.com

metta

Mar 10, 2009
GR/MI
So, I got my engine kit from Thatsdax. Pretty much got everything assembled that can be, before mounting the engine. I bought a Schwinn Miramar comfort bike for $200. Bought and mounted new handle bars and dual brake lever and sprocket to rear wheel. Left the bike at the local bike shop today and will get her back on Monday or Tuesday. They're going to redo the brake and shifting cables(they ran along top of frame where gas tank will be mounted) and they're grinding down a few spots where the engine and tank will be mounted. Also, they're going to put fenders on her. She'll be a new girl when I get her back. All that will be left is to mount the tank, engine, speedometer. I can hardly wait.... here is a pic of the bike...

Despite what anyone might say about this bike, the engine fit's the frame like they were made for each other. Did have to get longer connecting bolts due to length of the bottom part of the frame, but really, the engine fits good and snug. I'm really happy thus far with the engine kit and the bike. I'll update you with photos when I get her back beginning of next week.

Last edited:

metta

Mar 10, 2009
GR/MI
Thanks 77. The bike really is a beauty... I was going to go with a cruiser, but they're all being made with the wider tubes now. main thing is that I wanted a multi speed and a front spring or shocks. After riding a friends kit, I realized how important a good fit is, and like I said, it's like this bike and the engine were made for each other. In dax's defense, his kit's are priced lower than most, his customer service is awsome and the extra bolts only set me back a buck at the local hardware store. All said, between the kit, the bike and the extras, this build will be about $500. That said, the bike will remain fully functional as a 21 speed. So, i'll be able to use the bike for commuting and for hanging out with friends on regular bike rides. This is the first time I've ever reffered to a bike as "her" or "she" and I've owned motorcycles in the past. Maybe it's the "old timey" aspect of the hole thing, but this is the most fun I've had in forever and I really love the bike.

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Like the color that will be a sweet bike for shore!! The shox will help alot.
Indeed the shocks will be SUPER nice, I wish I had them on my beach cruiser -- My butt almost goes numb from vibration of the bike and road at full throttle (talk about a "hard tail" LOL)!!! I'm young so I think I will invest in some kind of shock absorbent seat or other vibration reduction measures (my wife will thank me later). Until I get a seat, I'll ride slower and keep vibrations to a minimum.

metta

Mar 10, 2009
GR/MI
Code:
Be careful with the fenders on these
This bike didn't come with fenders, but the slots for attaching them are built right into the frame. The guys at the bike shop know this will be a motorized bicycle, so hopefuly they'll put something heavy duty on.

Indeed the shocks will be SUPER nice
the spring on the comfort seat is so so, but the front shocks are awesome, they should make for a very comfortable ride at 30+ mph...