Worksman Caution-cycle

GoldenMotor.com

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
So that last post really feels like It should be in the " what did you do to your ebike today"
no pics, no real updates, Sweet mercy Im slackin!

So on monday Im riding down a street called rundberg and turning onto another one called desau (not that those details would matter to any non austinites) and I hear this "Kerplink!" as I make the turn. Look down to discover that my front brake caliper (had just upgraded to disk breaks the night before) was hanging by the brake line swinging in the breeze. Fortunately this was close to the top of a hill and I was able to pull onto the sidewalk and ride in the grass for about half a block to slow down.
Im really just glad that I didint knowtice it at a time when I suddenly needed to break right now, um, I mean back there, where are my brakes? *CRASH*

So the bike is in the shop, getting the derailer and disk brake hangers mounted, as well as the disk brakes and derailur :p
Turns out the forks I picked up are totally the wrong kind, I need some 1 1/8" that are at least 28.6mm long... if that wording makes sence.
I think Ill keep looking for tripple tree forks that will take disk brakes, and hopefully a fender of some nature.
I still need to figure out how to mount this dang 5 speed shifter to the frame :S
and the pictures! You all just wait. There will be a flood of em sooner than later!
Dang phone!

And the elbow!
Road rash is pretty much gone, but that elbow is persistent! you werent joking when you said bruised elbows werent fun! Tail bone is a bit sore and knowticable on the left side to boot, but I figure time will heal all.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Hows it going? You ever going to get this bike done? I would like to see a picture of it with the stick shifter please.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Your never going to finish this bike are you
Not with that attitude I'm not!
I ended up frying my cycleanalyst, and I have yet to pick up a new one. Also ironically now that I'm an electrician there tends to be a lack of locations to charge while I'm at work. Turns out you don' send electricians to places where' there is electricity. And the airport I'm currently working on requires me to hit the highway for a stint so that is a no go for he bike.

That being said I do think I'll dig it back out of the back of the garage and start working on it again.

The 5 speed shifter is installed and works but it reduced my 7 speed to 3, the largest on five, 3rd gear for 4 and 3, and low for 1 and two.
Anyhow I'll try to post some updates as stuff comes in.