GoldenMotor.com

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Thanks much for the clarification,

DRAT! I missed it by one dollar in the last second x_x
need to work on my bid sniping :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371261092276?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I really liked the one in the top right corner as an upgrade to my current shifting system, and have decided that something along these lines will be what im going to be shooting for.

Looks like I need to pick up some of these
http://jbbicyclewheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=183
For my rear wheel to be assembled correctly, fortunately sence they are in the USA I wont have to wait nearly as long as if I picked up some from china at a slightly cheaper cost.
But I dont know if I need 15mm spoke nipples or 12mm... is there that much of a difference?

Last edited:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Lol,I dont know how long the old ones were kevyleven007, but I was told longer was better by another forum memeber. Ended up ordering 15mm spoke nipples, hopefully these dont explode on me like my last set -o- nipples ;)
Ive got bolts coming in for the front fork disk break currently (sent twice! what an ebay seller!! you know they are going to get a good review :3 )
a 5 speed shifter ;_; not the top right one from the ebay sale, but one of them, the one to the left of it, with the low- high 1-5 gears. if only it also registered the low and high, then I could have all 7 gears that are on my bike :p.

Headlight bracket came in today, too bad I wont have my frame till tomorrow ._.
but atleast theres that... wont have my wheel till the day after they come in , mayhaps the day after that x_x

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Blorch. So Frame is coming in tommorow for sure, its in dallas tonight so I know they can make it this time.

Picked up some pretty neat stuff off ebay, waiting for it to come in.
Soviet union Bicycle licence plate,
1-5 hi low shifter that I mentioned in the previous post, but in better condition than the one I missed out on.
:D :D Front fender :D :D
it better fit >.<
Bolts came in but turns out they wont work on my forks :'( Oh well. Ill keep em around just incase I get me some ye olde monarch forks, or trade em to someone on here for whatever.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Whooop whoop! Frame came in today! I have a sneaking suspicion that I know why my box was late now...

I get home to this=

Do all motorbicyclists have cats? :3

Im pretty sure both nights it spent stuck somewhere due to "Inclemental weather" Night time drivers were actually practicing for the UPS MMA Championships with my box.

Whats this?!
And then the fiends! After beating the box to within an inch of its holdability they clearly ate all the candy Labrat was trying to send me and put the wrappers back in the box... probably right before beating the crap out of it some more!

let the crazieness begin!

Cant wait to actually get some wheels on this thing... Im still waiting on the spokes -_-' But its a big step forward!

Everything I could have hoped for!
Caution-cycle is a go! mostly. lol I like where its headed. Turns out the Tarp is a pretty tight fit in the gas tank area
but im optimistic. More to come later!

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
At last your frame has arrived! Now you'll be able to roll up your sleeves and get on with things :)

And I yes I do think us motorbicyclists tend to be cat owners; - no I'll amend that we tend to be members of a cat's personal staff ;)

Sometimes when I'm working out in the carport of an evening I can have up to three cats spectating along with the odd itinerant hedgehog that's passing through :)

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Ive got Rear horizontal dropout converters for both Disk breaks and derailurs coming in at the bike shop where they are holding my motor ransom till the spokes come in x_x
Im thinking about getting some much more straight handlebars.
Ive got some genious plans for the seatpost... the 27.2mm sprigner body float system I have fits perfectly on the outside of the 22mm seatpost the worksman has...
Ill just cut down the body float and clamp it to the seatpost on the worksman! :D I win!

Filed the horn mount down to fit on the bar, but am now worried about the horns interfering with the tank :S I will see what I can do about this.

Shifter came in! Ive decided Im going to mount it to the stem of the handlebars,
I will post pictures later when My phone charges. Im a little sad that Im sacrificing 2 of my gears for this shifter just biased on the rule of cool. does that mean I should take 2 of them off the rear? is that possible?

Im going to need to check out the pet stores for some leather collars to use for belts to secure the tarp in the lower triangle. It most certainly will not fit in the tank area with a tank. On the bright side everything else electrical on my bike pretty much will be able to run into it, this will free up my trunk space that was previously going to be devoted to storing the battery and circuits for the blinkers and what have ye.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
My advice is change to a 5 speed sprocket if your using a 5 speed shifter. But, you probably only use 1 or2 gears anyway so who cares right?

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Mostly the lowest, and the highest x_x
The rest of them do get used as well. The low one helps me get rolling before I kick the motor in, and shifting up to the higher one allows me to keep up with it as speed increases. I suspect I may not be going as fast with the heavier frame, so I suppose Ill look into a 5 speed sprocket.
Hope it can be mounted on the hub motor :S

Not motored, the image of this incomplete (Lab rat says Bruised banana -_-') in my midst really makes me sore at this company in the usa that is most likely not making the spokes themselves but ordering them from china. I could have done that myself... at least then I would have known and been braced for this kind of wait time.
If you look beneath the seat you can see my hacksaw work and my new sprung seatpost! <3 (on a side note the peddle bike sucks to ride now :( )
>:V Soviet bicycle licenceplate is still awaiting the "Origin Post" to get it out of there, Come on guys. its not anything crazy!

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Looking good! You got lots of extra weight... I mean accessories on there! Should be a slick ride. I'd personally want a lower seat post, but you got the extra stuff on the back so I don't think that's much of a possiblity! How much does it weigh so far before it's motorized?

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
'The bruised banana' - I like that :D

Seriously though Semaj your new bike build is going to be a good looking one once it's all complete. When it comes to bicycle parts and especially electric bicycle parts I buy from China on fairly regular basis. I started to do this because it was so difficult to find what I wanted here in NZ and when I could find it there would be a greedy markup on it. And as for the delivery times out of China I find they aren't too bad and can be overcome with a little forward planning.

I hope your Soviet plate isn't going to lead to questions from unsmiling people from Homeland Security Semaj ;)

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Happy Days! Spokes are finally moving, and the licenceplate just departed NY apparently. I guess its not waiting on the origin post any more :D
Now hopefully USPS can get these things to me.... they have been notorious about misplacing my packages whenever a temp driver fills in for the regular lady and my box happens to be coming in that day. Its kind of like playing roulette I would Imagine, Cept I loose when My number comes up x_x

Been really busy with school, work, and getting ready to move... all the way down the street a couple blocks. So havent really had a chance to work on the bike,
Currently need to:
Figure out how to mount the fenders
Mount the Horn,
oodles of wire running/affixing. Need the tank for everything to come together though :S
and Im sure more. these are just the immidiate things I can think of that will sway my attention asap.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Happy Days! Spokes are finally moving, and the licenceplate just departed NY apparently. I guess its not waiting on the origin post any more :D
Now hopefully USPS can get these things to me.... they have been notorious about misplacing my packages whenever a temp driver fills in for the regular lady and my box happens to be coming in that day. Its kind of like playing roulette I would Imagine, Cept I loose when My number comes up x_x

Been really busy with school, work, and getting ready to move... all the way down the street a couple blocks. So havent really had a chance to work on the bike,
Currently need to:
Figure out how to mount the fenders
Mount the Horn,
oodles of wire running/affixing. Need the tank for everything to come together though :S
and Im sure more. these are just the immidiate things I can think of that will sway my attention asap.
All I can say about my knowledge of the build you got going is remember you have zip ties somewhere! They always help with controlling wires, but if you are complaining about wires I also have a solution for that!

4 total wires!

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Spokes are allegedly at the post office! Now I just need to head them off at the pass and go pick Em up before they get into the driver's hands and then lost -.-

Then I can push my breakless bike over to the bike shop, and have them install a derailleur, and the bits I need for rear breaks, as well as potentially fixing my front ones.
Might even take the front fender and see if they can think of some way to affix it to the forks.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I am livid. ever wanted to type in all caps because you felt like shouting everything for a while? You may not have picked up from our online chatting, but Im a pretty calm and collected person, it takes a lot to get me mad. But when I ride up to the USPS 2 times at 8 and then at 830, and then talk to the head honcho, who guarentees me that my package that just got there this morning will most certainly be set aside so I can pick it up before one, ANd then Go back at 1230 only to discover... Oh its in the drivers posession, guess Ill see that around 5, which is much too late for the flippin bike shop to do anything with it, so im looking at tuesday at the soonest for motorization, and also feel like jaming my fingers through this keyboard. Good times abound eh? I guess silver lining... they are actually here and not lost in the mail... yet.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Breath, breathe Semaj all that anger isn't good for you.
Here in the country courier drivers are a regular visitor at my door. Some of them are very good and very obliging, understanding that as an invalid I can't race to the door to answer it and sign for my package. Others though don't wait and I find a card left at my door to say I wasn't home (when I was) and to phone 0800 this number to arrange another delivery time. It can be frustrating, but I suppose I've learned to accept that not all courier drivers are born to the profession and are therefore less able at their job.