Anyone looking for an upgraded carb?

GoldenMotor.com

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
I had one. It started instantly, idled perfectly, transitioned perfectly, but only problem was main jet was too big and high end mixture was too rich. I was lazy and didn't want to buy a drill set to solder and drill out a smaller hole for the main jet.

I think it would make a better replacement if you resized the main jet.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I had one. It started instantly, idled perfectly, transitioned perfectly, but only problem was main jet was too big and high end mixture was too rich. I was lazy and didn't want to buy a drill set to solder and drill out a smaller hole for the main jet.

I think it would make a better replacement if you resized the main jet.
A new sized jet could be ordered through Dellorto but I orderd from the same vendor on Bay that I got the carb from. I'm at sea level in the west coast and I ended up using a size 60 jet on the carb. The bike runs magnificently with the setup.

Dellorto and weber carburettors online

eBay Store - treats hq discount puch moped parts: dellorto jets:

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
I didn't have a dellorto, but a chinese dellorto clone which had jets that were not compatible with real dellorto jets.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
i've looked through the threads and it seems that some people have a good experience with the dellorto clone 15 sha and some dont. The issue is obviously jetting as that is the only thing you can do to tune it. I bought one from piston bikes and the stock jet made my bike run like complete garbage. I live pretty close to sea level so i was hoping that someone could give me some advise as to what jet i should start with. What makes matters worse is that the jets are not marked, so that presents a problem because i can't tell what jet size was supplied with the carb. Any help would be appreciated.