mountain bike thing

GoldenMotor.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
cap boss? Something for the gas cap to screw into?

I'm cheap, I'd just use a male threaded plug for the cap, and a threaded female somethingerother as the boss...just weld that sucker on there.

Or if you have a spare HT tank (which it doesn't sound like) just cannibalize it.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Go to salvage yard and get a run-out Ford power steering pump and cut the neck out of the reservoir and weld/silver-solder it on. The lids are available in a parts store, They are like a smaller fuel cap. I use them on my twin saddle tanks KW

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man that bike is awesome. A pipe with caps would be a really cool tank. I have to read back, but "Franken bike" is right! Great build Jak! That monster needs a BA tank.

sharkcruiser

Jul 14, 2008
charleston sc
Jak,

Have liked your bike for a while and never complimented you on it. Nice Bike! I travel to Asheville about once every month or two, Wanted to ask you if you were aware of the Asheville Recyclery? I go there every time I am in Asheville. We should get together next time I'm up that way

sharkcruiser

Jul 14, 2008
charleston sc
Jak,

Nice Bike! I travel to Asheville every month or two. We should get together next time I'm up that way. Wanted to ask you if you ever go to the Asheville Recyclery on Biltmore Ave.? That place is awesome! I have gotten lots of cool parts there for next to nothing.

:-( I ended dis assembling that bike & used the parts on my mountain bike
it went Ok but the engine was too high in the frame & it made it awkward

Im moving to portland oregon next week so we will likeley miss each other

thanks for the kind words & consideration though
take care
JAK

Jak,

Nice Bike! I travel to Asheville every month or two. We should get together next time I'm up that way. Wanted to ask you if you ever go to the Asheville Recyclery on Biltmore Ave.? That place is awesome! I have gotten lots of cool parts there for next to nothing.