New Thread Catogory needed: Crambrooks

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Seeing that the Cruiser section is being polluted with the ever so popular and crappy Huffy Cranbroke, I think they should be in a class of their own.

Huffy Cranbrook: The Problematic Build For Cheap.

Don'tcha think!?.bld..spr..kick2

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
It's "CRANBROOK". And another thing or TWO pal not all "Huffy's" are "Cranbrook's". Let's see now hum? There's the "Custombrook" and there's the " Panama Jack "!!! And since you think their so crappy why don't you call RCmachine (Fred) and tell him your opinion .His blue Cranbrook just like mine is good enough to do 50 miles an hour plus and mine as well. Now you can tell every one "Huffydavidson" cranbrooked you. Yes I like your idea.LMAO laff

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Well, I've finally been convinced. No more pos huffy parts on my custom bike. Today is the 10th or 15th time I've had a problem with my cranbrook rear wheel, and I'm not wasting any more time or money on it. I'm always saying any bike is only as good as its mechanic, but huffy has finally proven that statement wrong to me without a doubt. I'm a fairly decent mechanic, and have built my bike from the bare frame up, so you could say I know a thing or two. I certainly know how to service and maintain a coaster hub, having been doing it myself for over 3 years now. I have never gone through so many problems with a rear wheel as I have with this huffy wheel, and no matter what I do to try my best to make it work, it laughs in my face every time. I'm gonna have to agree with Scotto on this one. You heard it here. I will no longer be advocating the use of cheap bicycles or their parts. The wheel that will be replacing the huffy wheel is a wheelmaster wheel, which I've just trued myself (did a fantastic job for my very first time and not watching any videos on it), and it will be getting a brand new sportsman adapter with 44t sprocket.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Replace your wheels with good HD wheels. The only things original mine is the frame ,seat&post, gooseneck&handlebars. Here's the best part bean I went to cheapo depot and bought Rust Oleum cobalt blue spray paint . go look at my albums it's a dead on match . of course I shot an automotive clear on the top of it to protect it from the gasoline in ethanol .

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
My bike isnt a cranbrook, its a reproduction Schwinn frame. Only my rear wheel was huffy. I'll be replacing it with a wheelmaster wheel (heavy-duty steel frame with 12g spokes and shimano 110 coaster hub). Hopefully no more problems. My frame and wheels are painted gloss black.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
A sub-section for "Cranbrooks" may in itself not be a bad idea.......however, if I were betting, I'd bet that more than 50% of the members on this forum have a "Cranbrook" derivative. Seem like a sub-section for the majority would be counter-productive to the growth of this forum.

Just the personal opinion of a relatively new, old guy that's not here to make waves. This is a nice place to 'hang out'......thanks for letting me!

Owner of a "Cranbrook" Big Daddy.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's "CRANBROOK". And another thing or TWO pal not all "Huffy's" are "Cranbrook's". Let's see now hum? There's the "Custombrook" and there's the " Panama Jack "!!! And since you think their so crappy why don't you call RCmachine (Fred) and tell him your opinion .His blue Cranbrook just like mine is good enough to do 50 miles an hour plus and mine as well. Now you can tell every one "Huffydavidson" cranbrooked you. Yes I like your idea.LMAO laff
Oooo, I Felt you there at 60mph+ on a stock Felt against Fred's RC high compression headed china's.....(get Huffy on me will ya?)

Any questions?

dnut

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Some of us are not in it for speed, our group likes to cruise at about 25 mph. A cranbrook works well for that if you add side pull brakes or better yet disk brakes. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to what others like or what they ride as long as its safe.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Some of us are not in it for speed, our group likes to cruise at about 25 mph. A cranbrook works well for that if you add side pull brakes or better yet disk brakes. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to what others like or what they ride as long as its safe.
Great perspective, nothing wrong with that.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Last I checked it wasn't a problem that a lot of people are trying out MABs, starting with a Cranbrook is a natural entry level frame that works fine. To suggest they need a subforum separate from other cruiser frames suggests some sore of line that you've drawn in your head about Cranbrook builds.

We gotcha scotto- you're "winning"

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Last I checked it wasn't a problem that a lot of people are trying out MABs, starting with a Cranbrook is a natural entry level frame that works fine. To suggest they need a subforum separate from other cruiser frames suggests some sore of line that you've drawn in your head about Cranbrook builds.

We gotcha scotto- you're "winning"
This was a joke dude.....a Cranbrook section.....really? You must have a sense of humor and anyone that knows me would know I'm not serious here, but I'm not very fond of Huffy's and who really cares what I think ;)

You may lighten up now laff

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
If anyone's looking for me , I'm out running the streets but You can more than likely find me at the corner of Cranscott and Brooksville ! LMAO laff

60weight

Sep 15, 2011
Dallas
Ya know,I like Your thoughts.
Yes, a place fer us Crammy users...just finished one I bought from another member here,He bought the bike,kit,and got frustrated.Well,after a few mods...She does a easy 40mph and not broke in yet.What I wonder about is wheel bearings,tire balancing,brakes,etc.And You just helped me name Her...
Donka!.crt.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Aside from the financial choice, there's really not enough unique about that particular beach cruiser for good or ill to warrant the addition of a dedicated subsection. Currently we've only Whizzer motorbikes as a "branded" bike subsection, as it's unique enough we didn't know what else to do with it lol