My first Motorized Huffy Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

engera

Nov 21, 2008
Waterford, WI
Here is my first build. It is still in the break in period and the weather has stopped me for now. This is a Huffy Cranbrook cruiser from Walmart and a Powerking 2-cycle motor. It was a fun build and a really fun ride. :ride2:
Later,
Andy

Attachments

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good looking bike. Just keep an eye on the fender mounts and rivets, that is where they tend to stress crack from the vibration. And when they go, especially while riding, I have read its not pretty...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Pretty work. The fenders add so much to the over all look. Mr. Right is right though, check the front often! I have been thinking of putting mine back on (they really do class up an MB) and reinforcing the "L" brackets and greaseing them once a week or so.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I have a Cranbroke that's waiting till I can get to it. I found a Comfort Cruiser from a few years ago that I decided to do first.

One thing I discovered when I started tearing the Cranbroke down is there was only rust proofing cosmoline like grease on all the bearings. The headset seemed to have a little lubricating grease but not much. The wheels' bearings had only dried out cosmoline almost like sticky varnish.

All the assembler at the box store does is put on the front wheel, fender and handlebars. It doesn't take long to grease all the bearings. Also good to have a preteen nephew or whatever watching while you explain everything you're doing.

I've given up waiting on a grandkid I could teach. :( Whenever I ask the daughter, all I get is "We're working on it". She'll be 39 in Feb.

Did we get more Smilies?

Ted

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Wow. That tank is screaming for a few coats of resin. I assume it's plastic?

Yeah, I'd go for it. A roundhead would look great. (^)

Ted

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Engera,
That's a fine job, sir. Nice looking bike. Congrats. Keep it up and send us some pix if you add anything.

Mr. Right,
That 'Coke' bike has soooooooooo much potential. I can see why you wouldn't want to motorize it but it would be too cool with a clean China install and some matching details on the engine; like a 'Coke' bottle cap decal on the mag cover or that little guy they used to use with a bottle cap for a hat. The tank does appear to be plastic but if there was just some way to make it functional...Wanta sell it? The bike not the tank.
Tom

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I still havent decided what to do 2door. I have a seat and the original style cushion grips coming for it. I think I am going to put it on Craigs List. We have a Police auction here tomorrow morning with a bunch of stuff, including bicycles, so maybe I might find something else to motor.

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Engera,
That's a fine job, sir. Nice looking bike. Congrats. Keep it up and send us some pix if you add anything.

Mr. Right,
That 'Coke' bike has soooooooooo much potential. I can see why you wouldn't want to motorize it but it would be too cool with a clean China install and some matching details on the engine; like a 'Coke' bottle cap decal on the mag cover or that little guy they used to use with a bottle cap for a hat. The tank does appear to be plastic but if there was just some way to make it functional...Wanta sell it? The bike not the tank.
Tom
Since you want the bike and not the tank . . . I'll take it off your hands . . . (^)

Ted