Panama jack bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I think that the Panama Jack bike is just the standard Huffy cruiser frame. That's the basis of many of our 'budget bikes'. It will work great!

Welcome to the site. There's lot's of helpful guys on here.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've got about 20 miles on mine so far. I would highly recommend that you add front brakes to your bike.....it made a world of difference on mine!

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Ryan, welcome to the forum. I am fairly new myself, and have gained a treasure trove of information and ideas from these good folk. I started my build with a Walmart cruiser similar to yours. I've cut mine all apart, and rewelded it with lots of changes. After all that, I have to say that I'm impressed with what I've seen, a good strong bike. We really enjoy checking out each others builds, so try to post some pix when you can. Many of the "masters" can give you some good pointers.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Fenders are a matter of personal preference. With the width of your rear tire, you'll probably have to 'notch' your rear fender. I also had to notch the kit's chain guard for clearance.

Good luck!!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
My bike is the same frame as yours. I consider it my 'gateway drug' into the motorized bicycle scene....lol. So far, it's worked out great. With that being said, the only limiting factor in selection is your wallet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Ryan, my bike was called a Nel Lasso version (who ever that is). I think all these use the same basic frame. I was drawn to the big cream tires and the welded rear rack. I'm going for the 1900's look, so keeping fenders. I believe if you get over 20, those will flap like dog ears "out the window". I will stiffen mine by placing small rod stock on the inside and pinching the flimsy little braces, encasing the rod. I've seen your pj done, if you put that in the search window, you can get an idea how yours will look. Luck to ya!