a new section for suggested products

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
How about a little section where people can post (or even the mods can move good posts to) about cool & useful products that people have found out there on the web for our bikes.

There have been several times now where I remember reading here about members finding something like a new carb, or a toothed tensioner wheel found on ebay, or a good source for inexpensive wheels, & I had a real hard time searching the forum to find it again; (if I even found it at all). :rolleyes:

It would be real nice (& easy) to just be able to look through one section to find these great parts again. (instead of them being lost to time). (^)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The entirety of our forum is comprised almost exclusively of members discussing products they've purchased or are interested in with the only limitation being merchants aren't allowed to self promote outside of Swap and Shop, products that members feel of particular importance can and are be posted in their appropriate subsections (carbs in Intake & Exhaust for example), which eases the difficulty of searching as if you're interested in carburetors, you've a carburetor section to look through.

If a product is thought to need even more attention and/or a vendor wishes to offer additional information & promotion - that's what 'S&S' is for.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
How about a little section where people can post (or even the mods can move good posts to) about cool & useful products that people have found out there on the web for our bikes.

There have been several times now where I remember reading here about members finding something like a new carb, or a toothed tensioner wheel found on ebay, or a good source for inexpensive wheels, & I had a real hard time searching the forum to find it again; (if I even found it at all). :rolleyes:

It would be real nice (& easy) to just be able to look through one section to find these great parts again. (instead of them being lost to time). (^)
I would like a section where folks could post about people who knowingly sell dangerous and known to fail products.

Maybe incorporate them, eh? what should the section title read VB?

But as said, that is what the swap shop is for. Would that it be ethical for staff to point out the good folks and the ,,,lets say less then. Personally, I do in private and word gets around. Guess that has to be good enough.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

i second venice's recommendation

a great resource
referencing parts vendors and their business practices would be very useful