VMB Electra 'Deluxe' motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We had a extremely busy day in the shop yesterday!!
In the middle of it all, we managed to build this Electra 'Deluxe' cruiser in only 2.5 hours for my friend Ronny!!
We made a custom front mount from 1/4" steel, installed a custom Sportsman hub adapter that was machined to fit a Nexus 3-speed, & we also installed a CR Machine head that I had laying around.
I think this one came out very nice.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I asked Pat to custom machine me a batch of hub adapters (to VMB specs) for the Nexus hubs... I paid a lot for them, but it's totally worth it to be able to keep the 3-speed! (^)

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice quick build Norm! Sounds like pretty soon people will be able to pedal in, go grab a quick sandwich for lunch, then pick up the bike and motor on back to work!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
nice bike it should be a great bike
Thanks, This bike rides real nice; & I've never been happier with the quality of the engines I'm getting these days! :D

how much does one of those heads set me back?
thats the look im goin for on my rebuild...to be finished through the winter.
CR Machine has a listing for them here & on ebay... I'm not sure of the price these days.

Nice quick build Norm! Sounds like pretty soon people will be able to pedal in, go grab a quick sandwich for lunch, then pick up the bike and motor on back to work!
Thanks Pat... You know what they say?, "money talks"!
If I couldn't have it done in a few hours, it was going to have to wait for two weeks until he could bring it back! (& then he might not have the money) :rolleyes:
So we dropped everything & handled it! ;)

Last edited: