Rear Sprocket Adapter or Solutions

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hello. So here I am waiting for my Micargi Royal frame and the Predator 212cc to build the next bike.

I have been looking around to find solutions to mount the sprocket on the rear tire but I didnt really find much.

Could you please show me some links or ideas how can I set up the sprocket good enough for the power of this engine?

The only thing I could find was this, but I couldnt figure out what was being used as mount.

Thank you everyone

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
What is being used their is the six holes normally used for a disk brake, but in the picture ur seeing a sprocket being mounted to it.

But for the power output of a 212, you might want to consider using a moped hub laced to a strong bicycle rim. .duh.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I think he used a King's Top Hat adapter... As ocho said, it lets you use a rear disc brake hub and mount a sprocket where the disc mounted. You can then mount the brake disc outside of the sprocket...

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Sorry guys I didnt get notifications anymore for answers. So I need to get a hub with disk brake mount. I am planning to get heavy duty rims again for the new bike 26" in the rear probably a fat rim but I will use it for a little while with the 68 spoke wheels from the Micargi. I found pics of a built of the same bike with a china kit and the guy drilled holes in the hub. Looks like those hubs got some space. I was thinking to do the same but to drill in both side of the hub so I will be able to get long screws all the way through both sides of the hubs for more stability. In the meantime I will set up the engine bike and everything until the other parts arrive. This is how it looks like:

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
just my opinion that way may hold up to a china girl but a 212cc will tare the hub apart if you tried this the distance from the hub with all those nuts will not take the strain if you make a solid spacer and bolt all the way through the hub both sides it may work

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
yeah that way it will never work already for the spacers but i think if i go all way through the hub it should be ok. its only until i get the exact rims and brake system i need. its going to be a pain for couple weeks until this bike will work as it should but then there should not be any weekly problems anymore due bad quality like the china stuff.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
even if you go all the way through you need a solid spacer the nuts will want to twist in the drive direction from the force you need something to make it more solid even if yyou put plates between the nuts or stack steel plates with the sprocket pattern drilled in them

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I was talking with sportsman flyer about a month ago and he was telling me he has ordered some more drum brake hubs with a special mount for a split sprocket (can change them without rim removal). They are 135mm wide between chain stays. I believe these are what he used for his Bonneville Flyer 200.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I was talking with sportsman flyer about a month ago and he was telling me he has ordered some more drum brake hubs with a special mount for a split sprocket (can change them without rim removal). They are 135mm wide between chain stays. I believe these are what he used for his Bonneville Flyer 200.
do you have any idea where i can find that?