Help me with my first build

GoldenMotor.com

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
its about what you want out of the bike if you want great reliability go to a 4 stroke kit if you can afford it if not get the one you like i havent heard anything bad about the frames

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I'll be buying the kit. I did the math and my car costs $9 dollars a day to run :0
So right now anything will do. After I have all the goods I will post some lovely pictures and a break down of the parts.

JimsFelt66

Jul 17, 2012
California
Jakes bikes look great using that frame!
www.TheJakeBike.com
They really look like race bikes.

Err sorry I have to agree with Venice. The proportions just do not work. I think the GT2A-S frame that the OP will use is better looking then the GT2A pictured, even then it's got a lil too much funk to warm up too, I dunno.

Here's someone's GT2A-S build. (For the love of god will someone PLEASE put a coat on one of these things?)

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I'll be getting the one with the motor mount. I do need a list of parts is there already a thread for this? I tried to find jakebike's GT but I can't.

Who is the best seller of parts? I was thinking BikeBuyers cuz I could get Disc brakes, levers, a fork, rims, but still need some other stuff. If I closed my eyes to the credit card charges could I get this done in a month?

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Robert is the man. So is HuffyDavidson.

IT CAME IN 3 DAYS -thanks Pistonmotorbikes.com

[/IMG]

Does the frame need primer? I can't tell. Gonna pick up some candy paint some time. Thinking red or black.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Alright it will be assembled after my mechanic finds a few parts. It should be ready by next wednesday. Sorry, no interim pics the weather is shyte and my garage is dark.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I Agree... With both sides. I personally like the look if the frame. And yes Paint! Paint or powdercoat! These things are not nice on the eye in the raw.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Maaco paint told me I'd drop $300 minimum on a real paint job. If the paint scratching off ever becomes really obnoxious I'll call up my old metal shop teacher and us his sandblaster.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dude for that price I can have my kids bucket car painted, check into powder coating,for $120.oo I got frame,forks,tank,fender,fender struts,rims and oil box powder coated,on average my buddies are getting it done from$120.oo-$200.oo Yha! One Day Piaint & Body wanted about $300.oo to do mine and FOR WHAT? really!

Last edited: