Lost masterlink snap connector

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Is there anyway I can jury rig this till I can get another one....

I have no transportation so have to order online....

Got a new bike and switching motor from old to new.... Almost done, and come time for the chain and damm.... keeper from masterlink isnt on there....

I could have had a big disaster.....

Any ideas for a week long fix???

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is there anyway I can jury rig this till I can get another one....

I have no transportation so have to order online....

Got a new bike and switching motor from old to new.... Almost done, and come time for the chain and damm.... keeper from masterlink isnt on there....

I could have had a big disaster.....

Any ideas for a week long fix???
Got a chain breaker?
Make it into a one piece chain with no master link.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
what size chain is it you can get master links localy i have a KMC chain as a back up they are fairly common at bike shops ace hardware and grainger sells 415 and also #41 along with tractor supply co

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You could also wrap fine wire such as piano or guitar string or telephone fine copper wire around the pins where the keeper was. It will keep the side plate from coming off, just make sure to trim any excess wire ends that could snag and cause problems. I've done this plenty of times with no probs as a temporary fix.

dnut

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My local Ace hardware also carries them. Dunno if that is common for all.

With small, inexpensive parts like that, I always get 2 or 3 as spares for just such events. Is really nice to be able to have a needed part on hand.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You could also wrap fine wire such as piano or guitar string or telephone fine copper wire around the pins where the keeper was. It will keep the side plate from coming off, just make sure to trim any excess wire ends that could snag and cause problems. I've done this plenty of times with no probs as a temporary fix.

dnut

The above is the best advice to hold you over.

You can even wrap it with thread and super glue. (not kidding) Wrap the thread around it, then wick the super glue into the thread.