has anyone used the 110cc loncin engine?

GoldenMotor.com

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i was looking around and this caught my eye i was wondering if its a good choice for a build?

http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/Engine_110cc_4_Stroke_Manual_p/fsen301902.htm

i want something faster than my 66cc 2 stroker and also wanted to know if it needs a jackshaft reduction or not because it has a 4 speed gearbox?

i was thinking a worksman frame or go for the sportsmanflyer frame and tank then was going to go from there

Last edited:

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi JonnyR....You shouldnt need a jack shaft with a 4 speed gearbox.....the engine would also have about 4-1 reduction in the primary case before the gearbox...DD

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
You'll be as good as an entry motor cycle with that. There's another thread that talked about those type of motors. There are a lot of different types for sale out there. They are much larger than you think. That one in particular is probably about 19x11x11 inches. They would make for great motorizing, definitely post your build if you manage to do it!

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
you will not hit 70mph with this type of engine, maybe 60. it's not a super high-performance engine like in a motocross bike. agk went almost 80 with a tricked out honda gx160 and super tall gearing. i wouldn't go 70mph on any less than a real motorcycle or purpose-made frame, the handling will be terrible because a bike frame will flex at high speed and make it unstable. looks like a great engine, i would go for it. it should have a sprocket on it so the drive system is set up for you already. mounting may be a challenge, you need a welder.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i have a welder and am just looking for something reliable to do 40-50mph on with a occasional high speed run its going in a stretch frame to start with and if i like it mabe a customized smaller frame to fit it as a race day bike im a good fabricator and my welds are realy strong probibly going to mod the stetch frame to make it a triple down tube for rigidity (stock tube with one on ether side )and im planning a rear swing arm right now