Chinese Build Micargi Pantera GTS

GoldenMotor.com

nathans909

Aug 28, 2012
Shanghai China
Hello all

I posted recently about difficulties in finding good kit to make a build here in Shanghai.
I have finally found a Micargi manufacturer and dealer in south of China and I am thinking of buying a Macargi Pantera GTS

http://micargibicycles.com/index.ph...ategory_id=27&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

What do people think?
I have been looking and looking on this forum for frame sizes, but cant find what length frame people use. It looks like the Pantera wheel base is too short, what do you think and what could I do to correct it?

Thanks for your help.

Nathan.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Try the Micargi Huntington Beach cruiser, you can see mine on the thread titled Ol'Blue and in the upper left hand coner of the reply in the Avitar, what a SWEET bike!! wheel base center axle to axle 50" From front of the front tire to the back of the rear tire 76" that should be plenty enough wheel base for your requirements, the Cheeta is good too
Old Schwinn quality for sure! go back to the site you posted and type in Huntington Beach Cruiser in the search box

Last edited:

nathans909

Aug 28, 2012
Shanghai China
Hello truckd

Thanks for the reply.
I had a look at your bike and man that thing is sexy. You did real well, if mine could be half that good I am a happy boy.
The problem with the Huntington for me is the large/ovel shape top bar. I want to put an in frame tank in and I think that would look a little funny... But it is a little longer than the Pantera.
I will contact Micargi and see if they can give me the wheel base from axle to axle of a few bikes I am interested in. I also like the Onyx and the Tahiti...
But it is good to know you think the build quality is good.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Cut the two cantalevers out then replace with a single welded center bar and then make your tank, with a center groove in the middle of the top of the tank so that when mounted it, it sits level with the top of the back bone (top tube) I love this bike and was thinking about doing a boardie with a drop loop, center bar, Monark springer forks, Gyes seat,cream colored tires and a Honda GC 160cc engine, Voodoo Scorcher boardie handle bars, trust me the bike is worth it and you said mentioned doing some mods to it anyway

nathans909

Aug 28, 2012
Shanghai China
God now the mind boggles....

There are so many many options....
I will have to have a hard think. I did consider what you mantioned about a tank with a groove in the top, its just that I will be getting a local chinese guy with probably a kitchen manufacturing shop to build my tank... out of stainless steele.
Wish me luck with that one.
The more and more I have been looking at the Huntington the more I like it, that top bar has the nicest flow to it...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Waite until you sit on it,and do yourself a favor get a Gyes Saddle you can go to their home site at www.gyes.com.tw get the beach cruiser saddle at 280mm x 250mm and if your guy can weld stainless steel then he have enough talent to make your tank, it does require a set skill level to weld that material

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
TRUST ME THE BIKE SITS GREAT! now I've done alot of customize but again two thing I highly recommend is to get a Gyes leather saddle and a pair of 31" wide cruiser handle bars, should you decide to purchase this model, you can as I'm sure you will do your own customizing as you go.

nathans909

Aug 28, 2012
Shanghai China
Mmmmm
I am a little hesitant now. Yesterday I had a chat with a guy in China from Grubee Inc who basically told me how illegal these things are in China and the police will just take your bike if they catch you.
I just dont want to put a lot of effort into something and have th police just take it away.
I am still deciding.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thats so funny since the engines are built in China, but go down to the police station and ask, do some research, they got mopeds there.

nathans909

Aug 28, 2012
Shanghai China
Oh if it were only that simple...
It is something you can only explain once you haved lived in China for a bit. I could go ask one policeman who will tell me one thing as he cant be bothered looking it up or doing any work and then go see another policeman who will
tell me something else. Or even the same policeman will tell me one thing one day and another thing another day. I ride a sidecar here and just getting info on that is tricky. Motorbikes are a real bizzare blury line here.
Skip this bit if you are not interested....

The way I see it.
If I want to ride a proper motorbike in Shanghai I must buy a license plate. Inner Ring "A" plate costs $10 000usd and Outer Ring "C" plates about $1500usd.
But for some reason if I go buy a Harley or Ducati who happen to have dealerships here "dont know how they got away with it, which cost 3 times the price of the states you can buy something bigger than 250cc. If you dont buy one of those its hard to rego something bigger than 250cc.
Then there is scooters god and mopeds, that is a confusing issue. Its not nuts.