I cant pedal freely? Even with the cluch lever in.

GoldenMotor.com

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
My kit had a frayed clutch cable right out of the box. I replaced the cable with one from Wallyworld and also replaced the cheap russian style lever with a brake lever that matched all the rest of the levers on my bike. Unhook the cable from the clutch arm and make sure it moves freely inside the outer jacket.
PERFECT! works much better! I shorten the cable and cable tyied it straight from the handle bars, Half way down on the down tube untill it hits the black box then straight across to under the carb to the arm. Before the cable was 1+ meter long!

Thank you

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I am so glad you got it fixed. Yes there is a ball under the plunger, I took it back apart on mine and it was still there and it did not fall out when the plunger fell,I know I would never find it if it did,

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
PERFECT! works much better! I shorten the cable and cable tyied it straight from the handle bars, Half way down on the down tube untill it hits the black box then straight across to under the carb to the arm. Before the cable was 1+ meter long!

Thank you
In the future if you want to make it even easier, you can take the arm off, and rotate it inward a few splines for a more direct pull, as well as lengthen the arm with some tubing. Here is a picture of what I did....Its not a very good pic, so if you have any questions please ask.....

Attachments

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
In the future if you want to make it even easier, you can take the arm off, and rotate it inward a few splines for a more direct pull, as well as lengthen the arm with some tubing. Here is a picture of what I did....Its not a very good pic, so if you have any questions please ask.....
Good idea! should be doing that soon. Any other tips or advice you can give like to common problems with my china kit.

Thanx ma8

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Another idea if you havent already would be to pull the clutch rod and ball and inject some grease there, and unscrew the clutch cable anchor under the carby and inject some grease there. I used a grease gun with a grease needle to get the grease in the clutch anchor hole. Makes quite a difference. There are sooooooo many improvements you can do, just have to search thru the posts to find the ones that will make a difference for YOU........

Read ALL Normans threads.........