Phantom Felt Slant 4 Stroke Complete!

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
This is my Felt Slant with a 4 stroke! I am so glad to be done with my final build. I am very proud of it so please don't flame me.

Features:
-Felt Slant neon yellow frame with black accents
-4 stroke HS engine
-Custom modified 4G transmission that only Phantom Bikes has
-50t rear sprocket with Worksman adapter
-Billet Custom made crank set
-Hi-Stop coaster brake hub
-Quick brick 26" tires
-And my FAVORITE, custom hand built exhaust with fiberglass packing

Some words about Phantom Bikes:
Phantom Bikes is the absolute best company I have every bought from. I went into their storefront and was their for hours. John, the founder, was there. He gave me multiple tips and tricks for this bike and kit. He helped me with the wiring, told me information about the transmission, and cut a few pieces for me, ALL AT NO COST. He was the most informative and nice person i have every worked with. John was in no rush to sell me anything. He took his time showing us around his business and even showed us his custom made bikes and builds. We were able to see all the bikes they had and I took my time looking at the fine craftsmanship put into this work. He told me if I have ANY questions at all, just give them a call and he will help. He even said that he could walk me through is step by step, but that was unnecessary. John told me i should leave the tank in so his co worker could re weld the petcock in a different location. It would have been an ugly fit if he didn't. I went back the next day to pick up the tank, and when we got there, i asked if I could have a custom exhaust. He said sure, and immediately got to work fabricating it. I was shocked at how he dropped everything he had to do just so he could work on my part. All in all, I will ALWAYS go to Phantom Bikes whenever I need any sort of help of parts.

usflg

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Thank you Scotto. I would love to race you but I have a slight feeling I would be a bit behind xD. I love my Felt. It feels so sturdy and strong after my last flimsy POS. On this build I was aiming for simplicity with subtle attributes. I want a unique bike that no one else has (a lot of people have these in SD)

Last edited:

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
I was bored with your seemingly endless questions that have been discussed and answered in search-able threads.
And to call this your build is a bit much.
I do really like the bike and I'm glad you got a good one.
Phantom is really exceptional company and has high quality and unique parts
like Sportsman.
John the owner of Phantom is everything you wrote.
I'm sure you will enjoy your ride, but the one thing It's missing is a front brake.

Good luck.

Scotto has a race brain, I like that.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
This is my Felt Slant with a 4 stroke!
-Custom modified 4G transmission that only Phantom Bikes has
Cool looking bike, I love those Felts. I bet it sounds great too.

What exactly is modified on the 4G?

How many teeth are on the sprocket driving the rear wheel? 11? 12?

Your bike may be geared way too low with a 50 tooth rear sprocket.

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
The bike looks great. My only flame would be on the music in the video, seems too loud and drowns out the motor. It would be better suited towards a video of the bike while riding, perhaps.

Grats on the build, that Felt frame is very nice. Not worried about cracking if Scotto can rock a 212cc on one!

And why is this in "General Discussion" and not in the Cruiser section? Just trying to get extra eyeballs on your bike, eh? Sneaky sneaky...

Last edited:

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
I was bored with your seemingly endless questions that have been discussed and answered in search-able threads.
And to call this your build is a bit much.
I do really like the bike and I'm glad you got a good one.
Phantom is really exceptional company and has high quality and unique parts
like Sportsman.
John the owner of Phantom is everything you wrote.
I'm sure you will enjoy your ride, but the one thing It's missing is a front brake.

Good luck.

Scotto has a race brain, I like that.
0_0 yes, i am buying a Odessy front brake.

As for the music, i was up last night messing with youtube's settings and may have screwed up the video. I will remove the music in a bit.

The 'modified' transmission has the one way bearing that used to be in the big pully, but instead it is mounted to the sprocket. Instead of a cheap one they use a HD bearing. The bearing in the big pully is now a regular bearing.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
QUOTE: The 'modified' transmission has the one way bearing that used to be in the big pully, but instead it is mounted to the sprocket. Instead of a cheap one they use a HD bearing. The bearing in the big pully is now a regular bearing.
Now I get confused easely but I'm just not getting it. Your ride is great! John and the boys have been very nice whenever I've interacted with them and I've bought three of their goodies all of which were top notch. Im hopeing someone will chime in and help me make sense of the trans mods. They put a one way on the rear axel sproket??? Is this mod something extra or does it come in all the motor/4G kits they sell? Very nice ride. Love that exhaust and cant wait to get mine mounted!