Need Help Please Wont Start

GoldenMotor.com

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
if it has a spark, try taking the spark plug off and spraying some starter fluid into the cylinder. put the spark plug back on and see if you get some pops out if it. it might help to get the gas flowing in.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
oh, then you might need new plugs, do you have a tester? if not then it could be a loose connection between the magneto and the wires. sorry your having so much trouble with it, mine comes tomorrow and i hope it works!

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
yea i got new spark plug, its good, the CDI and MAG are in the mail so if anything it will be fixed.

i hope youe have a trouble free time, there soo cooooool^5

just let us know if you have any problems

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
hi all. i installed my 1st china kit from ebay, and i got it all up and running lastnight about 12:00 and whent for a 10 mile bike ride, did proper brake in, i shut it off a couple of times last night wile rideing to take a rest and started it no problem.

carb settings: 1/2 choke.

so i put it away last night and did not changed the carb settings.
when i tryed to start it this morning it whould not start:eek:.

so i check all my settings, carb, wireing, fuel line, spark plug, cluch.

try agin and agin and agin(you know how it go's)

and still know starty. WTF!!

i am so flusterd...

the piston turns, it does the chug-chug sound, i have know idea what it might be rong. help please. i think i need a new CDI any realy good ones?

thank you all
when i installed mine and i didnt get a spark my cdi went bad so i rewired it and covered with some electrical tape and the spark was born

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
hey i just got mine today and put it together! started and took off the first time i let go of the clutch! (i let it warm up after that of course)
i do have a question though, what are the springs for? and why is it so hard to pull the clutch lever?

thanks

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
fixed it! i was surprised to see that wrapping the cable around the frame would make such a big difference in the friction. :p

georgeknight

Sep 26, 2008
Lebanon, Mo.
I'd check the kill switch. Mine would not start after I stopped it about a mile from the house. I peddeled it home only to find a stuck kill switch.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
If your motor is full of gas remove spark plug, disconnect the cdi from the magneto or hold your killswitch (turning the motor over w/ cdi wired ground to motor i.e. plug can damage the cdi) then ride around for for a minute w/ the engine turning over. This will pump the fuel out of the bottom end quick. Replace plug and try again. If your motor is full of fuel your plug will be wet.

Also it is like 40 deg here in Seattle right now and my bike won't start unless choked but then dies usually before I can reach down to turn it off. I restart and it runs great. 2 strokes typically don't run well on choke or partial choke, so don't over choke.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
so if the CDI is not ground (IE: via the kill switch) it will damage the CDI? or will not?

if so then my MAG is probly ok.

the engine should not be floolded, but i will do that just in case. thank you

now how do you replace the MAG?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
so if the CDI is not ground (IE: via the kill switch) it will damage the CDI? or will not?

if so then my MAG is probly ok.

the engine should not be floolded, but i will do that just in case. thank you

now how do you replace the MAG?

If you have the plug grounded to the engine, it will be O.K., (that's how it naturally operates- grounded inside the cylinder...) you don't want to turn the engine over with the plug or wire just hanging with no ground.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I wonder if it will blow the coil on these engines if the plug is not in place! We used to have some racing bikes that it would blow the coil if you were not connected. One I can think of was the Puch, a 125cc MX. We made the mistake of clearing the cylinder with the plug out (not grounded). And the days racing was over. Just a thought. I don't think I will try it to see, I like riding better than fixing. LOL. Have fun, Dave

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
thanks for all the help

update; no MAG or CDI yet, i orderd on SUN from DAX, i hope there in tomorrow.
BUT
the new spark plug wire and air filter from sickbikeparts.com came in and there SWEET!!! (also orderd on SUN)

Electricity will always look for its easiest path to ground
would the easyest path be threw the MAG? cuz that may fry the coil, like on a guitar pick-up, if it gets to much gain, the + will find ground threw the guitar strings, frying the pick-up wile also frying the player.

(i cant wait for the new MAG) i am gritting my teeth..